You heard right, this is cinnamon roll frosting. It’s like a cinnamon roll without all of the work and in a luscious, creamy frosting!
I made cinnamon roll frosting. That’s it. I don’t really think this post needs anything else. But I’ll tell you this, the frosting is bomb and I can’t wait to experiment more. I did jump on that train for one thing though and you’re going to see it tomorrow so stay tuned for that shizzle.
And in the meantime, you tell me, what’s your absolute more favorite frosting in all the land? The warm chocolate frosting on Grandma’s Texas Sheetcake is one of mine but this one is totally up there now too. I mean, look at that cinnamon brown sugar mixture! Who wouldn’t want to eat that?!
I mean, good golly! Look at that!!! And seriously, look at it because here’s a hint at tomorrow. 🙂 Woop, there it is! 😉
Can You Use American Neufchâtel Instead Of Cream Cheese?
Neufchatel is softer than cream cheese and has less fat, but tastes much the same as cream cheese.
Neufchatel is a good substitute for cream cheese
Does Cinnamon Have any Beneficial Nutrients?
Cinnamon is a delicious spice and actually has many health benefits.
It can lower blood sugar levels, reduce heart disease risk factors and has many other impressive health benefits.
Can Frosting Be Frozen?
Frosting can be frozen for longer storage.
Just put it in an container with a tight fitting lid, or even in a freezer bag.
Store in the freezer for up to three months.
Thaw in the refrigerator before using.
Cinnamon Roll Frosting
Cinnamon Roll Frosting
- 1 package cream cheese, 8oz, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar, plus 1 Tablespoon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream , if needed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the vanilla, powdered sugar and cream if needed.
- In a small bowl, stir together the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Using a spoon, drop dollops of the brown sugar mixture into the frosting and using a knife, gently swirl it through.
Soft, chewy cinnamon roll cookies that you can serve with or without frosting, but I say with!
Everyone deserves a warm, delicious breakfast every now and again and this french toast bake is perfect!