Do you remember my post on Reese’s Pieces Chocolate Cookies where we talked about all of our creepy dreams? Well maybe our daughter’s scary dreams haven’t gone away. I had no idea, but why don’t you make yourself some cinnamon roll pretzel bites and pull up a chair because I was so touched and a little heart broken when I heard her prayers the other night.
We believe in prayer in our home which means we teach our children that they can pray at any time, but they should also start and end their day with a prayer. Then as a family we also start and end our day with family prayer. It’s actually quite lovely to kneel together and give thanks for each other, our blessings and ask for blessings we or others need. It’s such a peaceful time and brings us together. Well, the other night was very revealing about our oldest daughter. She has such a tender heart and is very easily scared over things.
Anyway, in her prayer she said, “Please let two angels stand at the front of our house, two on each side, two on the back and two in our home to protect our family and to stay with us.” Oh, how my heart ached! I’m so glad that she believes that she can ask and receive help from Heaven as we do very much believe that our loved ones are aware of and watch over us, but how sad that she felt she needed protection. I hate that we live in a world that is not safe and we have to worry about such things. Bless her little heart. I hope we can help her to feel safety in our home.
Are Pretzels Fried?
Even though pretzels have a crisp, crunchy consistancy, they are baked and not fried.
Are Pretzels High in Carbohydrates?
Pretzels are high in carbs and in sodium.
Pretzels are very low in fat.
How Long Will Cream Cheese Keep?
Once opened, cream cheese should be used within 10 days.
Unopened cream cheese will keep for 1 month past the “best when purchased by” date, in the refrigerator.
More Snack Recipes to Eat by the Handful:
- Muddy Buddies Mix
- Rosemary Parmesan Popcorn
- Churro Chex Mix
- 5 Minute Reese’s Snack Mix
- Coconut Sweet Chex Mix
- Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels
- Salt & Vinegar Popcorn
- Easy Candied Pretzels
- Parmesan Herb Pretzel Nibblers
- Ranch Slow Cooker Chex Mix
- Apple Pie Popcorn
- Garlic Parmesan Dill Popcorn
- Churro Popcorn
- Reese’s Krispies Popcorn
- Coconut Oil Kettle Corn
- All our yummy Snack Recipes!
Cinnamon Roll Pretzel Bites
Cinnamon Roll Pretzel Bites
- 1 1/2 Cups warm water
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 1/2 Teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3 1/2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 6 Cups water
- 2/3 Cups baking soda
Brown Sugar Topping
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
Cream Cheese Dip
- 4 Ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 Teaspoon lemon juice
- Pinch salt
- 2 Cups powdered sugar
- 2-4 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla
- combine the water and sugar in a standing mixing bowl and sprinkle the yeast on top.
- allow to sit for 10 minutes, until the mixture begins to foam and grow.
- add the butter and stir to combine.
- add the flour and salt together and whisk to combine.
- pour in the liquid and use the dough hook attachment to mix on low speed until all of the ingredients are combined.
- increase the mixer speed to medium and knead until the dough is smooth and pulls away from the side of the bowl, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- remove the dough from the mixer and place it in a clean, oiled bowl.
- cover with a kitchen towel and place in a warm spot until the dough has doubled in size, about an hour.
- preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and drizzle with a little oil.
- fill a large pot with water and the baking soda.
- bring the mixture to a rolling boil.
- meanwhile, place the dough on a slightly oiled counter and divide into 8 equal pieces.
- roll out each piece of dough into a 24-inch rope,then cut them into 2" pieces and place onto the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- drop the pretzels into the boiling water, 1 or 2 at a time for about 30 seconds, constantly spooning the hot water over the dough.
- remove them from the water using a large, flat spatula and place right on the oiled baking sheet.
- bake until dark golden brown in color, about 8-10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, melt the butter.
- In another bowl mix the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Toss the pretzels in the butter then the brown sugar and transfer to a cooling rack for at least 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with cream cheese frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a large bowl beat the cream cheese and butter, add the lemon juice, salt and vanilla and beat again.
- Add the powdered sugar, slowly beating it into the cream cheese.
- Drizzle in the cream until desired consistency.