A few weeks ago I was making our Funeral Potatoes (yes, people in Utah actually call cheesy potato casserole funeral potatoes. Weird, but delicious.) which were so yummy, but then I was left with a whole blasted box of corn flakes. What else do you make with corn flakes? But seriously, leave me a comment because I still have half a box! Anyway, I asked on facebook and a few of you said that you make chicken with a corn flakes crust. Whaaaat? Corn flakes baked chicken it is.
I’m going to be honest here, I thought it was going to be the pits. I was imagining gross little chicken nuggets, but I was wrong!!!!!! Why is cereal on chicken good? Like, real good.
My gosh, this world is a mess. Corn flakes on chicken, bacon on donuts, what’s next fish and cheese? Gag.
Are Corn Flakes Gluten Free?
Corn Flakes cereal, a breakfast favorite, includes “malt flavoring” as its third ingredient.
Malt is made from barley which contains gluten.
Because of the malt flavoring in corn flakes, they are not gluten free.
Can Dogs Eat Cornflakes?
Some dogs are allergic to corn and should therefore avoid corn flakes.
Otherwise, it’s safe for dogs to eat corn flakes.
Is Chicken A Low Calorie Protein?
Chicken breast is especially popular with weigh conscious individuals.
Chicken breast is high protein and low calorie.
One chicken breast contains about 54 grams of protein, and only about 142 calories.
Corn Flakes Baked Chicken
- 2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut in half
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic Spread Seasoning (or 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt and 1/2 teaspoon parsley)
- 1 1/4 Cup Corn Flakes, crushed slightly
BBQ Honey Mustard
- 1/3 Cup Honey Mustard
- 1/4 Cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a baking pan.
- Place the milk, flour with seasoning and corn flakes in three separate bowls.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the flour, then milk, and finally the corn flakes, pressing gently.
- Place the chicken in the pan and bake for 30 minutes.
For the sauce
- For the dipping sauce, whisk together the honey mustard, bbq sauce and honey in a small bowl.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 324 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 101.3mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 33.6g Fiber: 1.8g Sugar: 12.4g Protein: 34.5g