I cannot begin to tell you guys how much we loved this recipe, if you haven’t tried cranberry citrus chicken, this one is a must! My sister made it up and I promise it is sooooo good!! Next time we are going to try adding crushed almonds to the bread crumbs and serving a little of the unused relish on top of the cooked chicken. But, that’s for next time and if you try it before me I’d love to hear how it goes.
And yes, this is also a giveaway post for one of our favorite and most used kitchen appliances, a BLENDTEC! Woohooo!!! We use ours at least twice a day which may not sound like much but I guarantee a lot of people barely use theirs. We love Blendtec for smoothies, sauces, grinding, soups, homemade spreads like peanut butter, and even crepes and dough recipes. Seriously, it’s awesome.
So, now that you’ve entered the giveaway, let’s chat about how this chicken goes down.
1. Place orange chunks and cranberries in blender and pulse until it turns to a relish. Yes, it looks like a lot of sugar, and it kind of is, but it also just fell that way in the jar which is totally deceiving.
2. Place cranberry and orange relish in a bowl and get the chicken ready by pounding it flat.
The relish will begin to break down and look like the picture above. Save some for serving with the chicken or we loved it on our rolls, with crackers and cream cheese… the possibilities are endless! Think of this for Thanksgiving next year! YUM on turkey!!
3. Spread a little relish on each breast of chicken and either close with toothpicks or tie with kitchen string. Roll in seasoned bread crumbs and spray with butter flavored nonstick spray or olive oil. Bake and enjoy!
I can’t wait to make this again!
Are Cranberries Really Berries?
Blueberries and cranberries are close cousins and are in fact not berries at all.
Unlike a true berry, the fruit grows from beneath the rest of the flower parts, and as the fruit ripens the flower stays attached and ripens as well.
Are Cranberries Good For You?
Cranberries are low in calories, just 25 calories in 1/2 cup.
The nutrients in cranberries have been linked to a lower risk of urinary tract infections, prevention of certain types of cancer, improved immune function, and decreased blood pressure.
Cranberries are rich in vitamin C, vitamin A, and vitamin K.
Can You Eat Cranberries Raw?
While we usually think of cranberries for sauce and cooking, you can eat fresh, raw cranberries.
Raw cranberries can be used in a variety of foods to add a tart, fresh flavor to salads, relishes and other dishes.
Cranberry Citrus Chicken
Cranberry Citrus Chicken
- 1/2 Orange chopped into chunks, but leave the peel on!!!
- 1/2 Orange peeled
- 2 Cups Whole Cranberries washed
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- In a blender combine the orange, cranberries, and sugar.
- Pulse until it resembles a relish.
For the Chicken
- Heat the oven to 350
- Trim the chicken breasts, and using a meat mallet, lightly pound the chicken all over until it is about 1/2 inch thick.
- Fill each breast with a little relish and roll the breast to hide the filling. Secure with a toothpick if needed.
- Roll each chicken breast in the bread crumbs and place seam side down in a baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes or until cooked through.