I do not do cute. At all. I really wish I did. I see all of those beautiful desserts on I am Baker, and Your Cup of Cake and I totally want to be that cute. I know our girls would love coming home to a darling dessert, but while I can make it taste really good I can’t make it look really good. Instead I’ll just make cream filled Easter cookies and call it good. And actually, I can’t lie, they were really, really delicious.
We were at the grocery store one day and I was agonizing over Easter and what in the heck to make all cutesy when our oldest daughter grabbed those baby chick Easter cookies that Pillsbury makes. I generally say no because I love homemade food and didn’t want to buy a premade sugar cookie, but then I realized that this was my answer to my problems!
I could fill that cute little chick cookie with a yummy, fluffy frosting, roll it in sprinkles and the girls would totally think I’m a cute, fun mom without any real effort on my part. I just didn’t know we all would end up loving them so much. And I can’t believe I’m going to say this but our favorite Easter treat is now a semi-homemade cookie thanks to Pillsbury.
How Long Will Cookies Keep?
Can Frosting Be Frozen?
Sturdy frostings with plenty of fat, such as buttercream freeze better than delicate, meringue based frostings.
To freeze, place in an airtight container and keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
Cream Filled Easter Cookies
- 1 Package Pillsbury Easter Sugar Cookies, baked and cooled
- 1/4 Cup Butter, softened
- 2 Ounces Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 2-3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1-2 Tablespoons Milk
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and cream cheese together until smooth.
- Add the vanilla and mix in.
- Add in powdered sugar (I like mine thick and fluffy so I use more) and then milk to make it smooth enough to spread.
- Using a cookie scoop, add the frosting to one cookie, top with another and press gently to push and even, rounded frosting.
- Roll in sprinkles and serve.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 309 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 31.7mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 51.9g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 50g Protein: 0.9g