This Creamy Bacon Pasta recipe is dedicated to my little sister. Not really sure if food can be dedicated, but I say it’s alright. My little sister is a super star in sports. She is really talented at soccer, but we can’t forget basketball, track and softball. Most of my memories growing up are of going to her sporting events. Oh. Sweet. Mercy. They were so fun!!! We even went to Hawaii for an international tournament. That was obviously our favorite location. Anyway, Amy always seems to have food issues. Well, no not issues. That’s not the right word. Let me just explain.
When we were little Amy HATED potatoes. Anything potato, fries, baked, mashed, au gratin you name it. But, she loooooooved pickles. EW. My mom canned our pickles straight from the garden. They were a bit bigger and supposedly better. EW. (can you tell I hate pickles) Amy would carry them around in a napkin and go through JARS of pickles every week. SICK. Ahhhhh, but then it turned into pancakes, then fried tortellini and lastly bacon. The girl loves bacon. A lot. Can you see why this is dedicated to her?
(although, who doesn’t love bacon?)
Is Pasta Made From Wheat?
Pasta is generally made from wheat, water and eggs.
Is Bacon Good For You?
Bacon contains a lot of fat.
One of bacon’s health benefits is that it has a high protein to fat ratio, making it a good source of animal protein.
Stick with the portion size, and bacon is not really ‘unhealthy”.
How Long Will Cooked Pasta Keep?
Properly stored, cooked pasta will last for 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Pasta should be stored in a shallow container with a lid, or in an airtight plastic bag.
Creamy Bacon Pasta
Creamy Bacon Pasta
Recipe by Me
- 1 Chicken breast
- 6 Slices Bacon cooked, crumbled (remove at least some of the fat after cooking)
- 2 Tablespoons Bacon Grease
- 1 1/2 Cans Tomatoes Italian Style, Diced, drained
- 4 OZ Cream Cheese
- 1/3 Cup Heavy Cream
- 8 oz Spaghetti Thin
- Salt and Pepper
- Drizzle a little olive oil in a pan and set over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and brown on both sides, about 2 min on each.
- Place in a 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and tent with foil.
- Place the bacon grease in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add the diced tomatoes and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Let simmer, stirring occasionally until most of the liquid is cooked out.
- Add the bacon, cream cheese, and heavy cream.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti.
- Slice the chicken on a diagonal into thin pieces.
- Add to the sauce and stir to coat.
- Using tongs, pick up the spaghetti and transfer it to the sauce. Let a little of the liquid drip before transferring.
- Use the tongs to toss the pasta and sauce and add a little extra pasta water to thin it out, usually about 2 tablespoons.