These Cremini Tartletts are so stinkin’ easy, but oh sweet deliciousness! They are packed full of flavor and they are super filling. You do not, I repeat, DO NOT, miss any meat at all. Promise. In fact, I think it would be wonderful to make a regular sized one for dinner and serve it alongside a nice, light salad. For reals. The cremini mushrooms are more meaty and I love the little zip that you get from the red peppers. Plus, who doesn’t love cheese?! The Knorr Homestyle Beef stock is essential. I know I say that a lot, but seriously. Remember that this comes in a little tub and the flavor is incredible without all of that watered down nonsense. I just saved on a bunch of ingredients and steps by just using that. The parsley is also a must. It brightens the whole appetizer and brings on a little freshness to a warm, gooey, juicey tart…. mmmmmmmm, told you I love them!
One of the best things about this dish is that it only has a few ingredients and hardly any prep work. That’s kind of a big deal if you think about it because if you are planning on taking this to a party or serving it for your guests you can worry more about getting ready than sweating in the kitchen. Speaking of taking it to a party, if you do take it I would just bake it until almost done and then add the cheese and stick it in the hosts oven for a few minutes to finish it off. It’s no biggie, and hopefully your host is kind enough to not care. You could always try the ol’ wrap them in foil and stick it in a carrying case, but I do love fresh food.
What is Cremini?
Cremini is a type of mushroom.
Cremini mushrooms are white or white/brown.
When this mushroom is fully ripe, it is known as a portobello mushroom.
Cremini mushrooms are firmer than the common white button mushroom.
They have a smooth, rounded cap and a sheath of skin that covers their gills.
Are Mushrooms Nutritious?
Mushrooms are packed with nutrition.
Mushrooms are low in calories and are great sources of fiber and protein.
They also provide B vitamins, potassium, and vitamin D.
What Is Gruyere Cheese?
Gruyère is a hard yellow Swiss cheese.
It has a nutty flavor and melts very well.
Gruyere Cheese is often used fro fondue.
- 1 Clove of Garlic, Minced
- 1 Tablespoon Onion, minced
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, divided
- 6 Oz Cremini Mushrooms, cleaned, sliced, and cut in half (just to create more bite sized pieces)
- 1/2 Large Bell Pepper, Sliced, and cut in half
- 1 tub Knorr Homestyle Beef Stock or Vegetable Stock
- 1 Sheet Puff Pastry, Thawed (I use Pepperidge Farm)
- Gruyere Cheese
- 1 small Handful Parsley, chopped
- In a medium saute pan, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat until perfectly melted.
- Quickly add the onion and garlic and turn the heat down to medium-low.
- Let the two cook until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and peppers, and cook stirring occasionally for another 5 min.
- Add the last tablespoon of butter and the homestyle stock.
- Gently fold the mixture until the butter and stock are completely melted and everything is well coated.
- Cook on medium-low for 15 minutes or until everything is incredibly tender and juicy.
- Heat the oven to 400.
- Lightly flour the counter and lay out the puff pastry. Using a glass, biscuit cutter, etc of your desired size, cut out circles and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet. (You don't want these suckers to stick, so I do recommend the paper)
- Use a paring knife (or butter if you need to), score the dough about 1/4 inch in. In other words, make a small circle inside of the large one so as to create and crust, or side on the tart.
- Add a few little dashes in the center too.
- Scoring it will allow the edges to rise, but not the middle to you have a cute, little tart.
- Fill each center with a spoonful of your mixture and place the entire pan in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- The time is going to depend on the size of tart you make. Mine took about 14 minutes, your tart could vary.
- Once the time is up, open the oven and pull the rack out, and add a shaving or two of the Gruyere cheese.
- Place back in the oven for another 2-5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly, and the tart is golden.
- Sprinkle with fresh, chopped Parsley and serve immediately!
*Remember that cleaning mushrooms should just be wiping them with a paper towel. No cleaning by rinsing with water!*
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 1652 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 61.1mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 124.9g Fiber: 6.7g Sugar: 8.7g Protein: 28.5g