We love to do something a little special and a little fun for birthdays at our house. We had this dirt ice cream brownie instead of Birthday Cake and I wish I would have caught P’s little face when we revealed it to her. Absolutely priceless. She was shocked that there were worms in her cake. She thought it was pretty funny. I’ll have to remember to grab my camera next time.
Since we don’t eat a lot of cake we decided to do a brownie bottom and then ice cream and fudge layers. We liked it a lot better than just using a chocolate cake. But I suppose if you absolutely have to have cake, you probably could and it probably would still be delicious. We also used our favorite kinds of ice cream for this but feel free to experiment and use your favorite flavors too! It might be fun to try something with chocolate chunks or peanut butter cups in it. Maybe even something with swirls or chocolate or caramel. Doesn’t that sound yummy? The possibilities are virtually endless! Here is how I did it…
Can Ice Cream Be Made With Milk?
You can make ice cream with milk, for a lighter, lower fat frozen dessert.
How Long Will Ice Cream Keep?
Ice cream can be kept for 2-3 months in a freezer.
How Long Can You Freeze Brownies?
Brownies that are wrapped well in plastic wrap or foil will keep up to 3 months in the freezer.
Dirt Ice Cream Brownie
Preorder our new book!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Dirt Ice Cream Brownie
- 1 box brownie mix Chocolate Chunk
- 1 Gallon Ice Cream Vanilla
- 1 Gallon Ice Cream Mint Chocolate Chip
- 2 Cups Fudge Sauce
- 1/3 Package Oreos smashed
- Gummy Worms
- Line a large spring form pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking oil.
- Follow the directions for the brownie and fill the pan.
- Bake as directed.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Spread a little more than half of the vanilla over the brownie and top with 1 cup of fudge.
- Place in freezer for about 20-30 min or until set.
- Remove from freezer and top with Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream and remaining fudge sauce.
- Place the crushed oreos all over the top and place back in the freezer.
- Remove 5 min before serving and place worms coming out of the top and all over.
- We actually had tiny little pots to place on top too, but I forgot. You should try adding them tipped over with more oreos and worms coming out!