We love to do something a little special and a little fun for birthdays at our house. We had this dirt ice cream brownie instead of Birthday Cake and I wish I would have caught P’s little face when we revealed it to her. Absolutely priceless. She was shocked that there were worms in her cake. She thought it was pretty funny. I’ll have to remember to grab my camera next time.
Since we don’t eat a lot of cake we decided to do a brownie bottom and then ice cream and fudge layers. We liked it a lot better than just using a chocolate cake. But I suppose if you absolutely have to have cake, you probably could and it probably would still be delicious. We also used our favorite kinds of ice cream for this but feel free to experiment and use your favorite flavors too! It might be fun to try something with chocolate chunks or peanut butter cups in it. Maybe even something with swirls or chocolate or caramel. Doesn’t that sound yummy? The possibilities are virtually endless! Here is how I did it…
Can Ice Cream Be Made With Milk?
You can make ice cream with milk, for a lighter, lower fat frozen dessert.
Can Ice Cream Cause Food Poisoning?
When ice cream melts, it becomes a good place for bacteria to grow.
Even if the melted ice cream is refrozen, it can still contain harmful amount of bacteria.
Ice cream that has melted can cause food poisoning.
Will Ice Cream Settle My Stomach?
Milk, cheese, and ice cream are hard to digest.
Ice cream will not settle a stomach, and may actually make an upset stomach worse.
Dirt Ice Cream Brownie
- 1 Box Chocolate Chunk brownie mix
- 1 Gallon Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 Gallon Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- 2 Cups Fudge Sauce
- 1/3 Package of Oreos, smashed
- Gummy Worms
- Line a large spring form pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking oil.
- Follow the directions for the brownie and fill the pan.
- Bake as directed.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Spread a little more than half of the vanilla over the brownie and top with 1 cup of fudge.
- Place in freezer for about 20-30 min or until set.
- Remove from freezer and top with Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream and remaining fudge sauce.
- Place the crushed oreos all over the top and place back in the freezer.
- Remove 5 min before serving and place worms coming out of the top and all over.
Serving Size:1 recipe
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 12845 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 1246.1mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 1777.7g Fiber: 52.1g Sugar: 1457g Protein: 216.9g