This dressing is so different than the others I’ve made. I looooooove it. It’s so good.
I feel like every time I write about a salad I say that it’s a new favorite… But really, this cilantro vinaigrette on mango chicken salad is a new favorite. I’m not kiddin’. I usually hate cherry tomatoes, but these babies had a nice *pop* and sweetness that seriously changed the salad. I had totally planned to fry up some tortilla strips, but that obviously never happened, so yeah. Well, actually I think I liked it better without. It wouldn’t have tasted quite as fresh.
I’d love to say more, but it’s mid afternoon and I am suddenly exhausted. Who else gets hit with a sleepy stick around 2 or 3?
What Is Cilantro?
Cilanatro is coriander, or Chinese Parsley.
Cilantro is an annual herb with all parts of the plant being edible.
But the fresh leaves and the dried seeds are the parts most traditionally used in cooking.
Is Cilantro Nutritious?
Cilantro is very low in calories and contains no cholesterol.
Its deep-green leaves possess good amounts of antioxidants, essential oils, vitamins, and dietary fiber.
How Do You Tell If Mango Is Ripe?
You should squeeze a mango gently to judge ripeness.
A ripe mango will give slightly, indicating soft flesh inside.
Ripe mangos also will sometimes have a fruity aroma at their stem ends.
Cilantro Vinaigrette on Mango Chicken Salad
- Romaine, chopped
- Mango, chopped
- Avocado, chopped
- Grape or Cherry Tomatoes, chopped
Spiced Honey Chicken
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
recipe from epicurious.com
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
For the Chicken
- Heat the oven to 400.
- Mix spices together and set aside.
- Mix honey and cider vinegar and set aside.
- Cover both sides of the chicken in seasoning.
- Rub it all over that darned chicken.
- Cook for 7-8 minutes on one side and flip.
- Cook for another 7-8 on other side. Flip again and then baste the chicken in honey/cider mixture. Be sure to really get the chicken covered. Add to oven again and let it cook for a few minutes until the honey starts to thicken up and glaze.
- Take chicken out of oven and let rest for a few minutes before slicing.
For the Vinaigrette
- Whisk it all together and devour!
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 824 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 156.1g Fiber: 4.5g Sugar: 142.8g Protein: 3.3g