Augratin Potatoes are one of my favorite things to make in the Dutch Oven. The potatoes get to be oh so tender and the cheese melts just right and is even a little crispy around the edges. Creamy, cheesy, and delicious. If you haven’t had these before you should definitely try them! Now, normally I would say don’t use tinfoil in your Dutch Oven, but seriously with these potatoes it makes clean up so much easier. You won’t have to worry about trying to chip away at any of that tasty cheese that gets stuck to the sides of your oven. Go ahead and use the tin foil, you’ll thank me later. If you don’t like potatoes, or cheese you will hate these, but if you are normal you will love them. JK, but seriously.
Oh and guess what!!! These are a cinch to make in the oven too so no Dutch Oven is necessary if you don’t have one. Or, just come borrow mine! We love trying new things in our dutch oven. Cooking outside and in the Dutch Oven just makes everything so much more fun and the food tastes so much more rustic.
- As many Russet Potatoes as you have people (if they are really big do 1 for 2 people)
- Grated Cheddar Cheese (you just want to sprinkle a little a nice layer on each potato layer)
- 1 can of Cream of Chicken Soup (unless you have more than 5 people then do 2)
- Some water
- Use a mandolin, food processor or your handy knife to slice the potatoes into thin slices. I’m with my sister on this one; leave the skins on for more nutrients.
- In a bowl mix the soup with a little water just to thin out the soup.
- Layer the bottom of the DO evenly with the potatoes.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle a light layer of cheese and pour a little of the soup over the top.
- Sprinkle with an even layer of cheese.
- Repeat layers ending with a good amount of cheese on top and let cook a few hours until the potatoes are tender and the cheese is bubbly.
Now, normally I would say don’t use tinfoil in your DO, but seriously with these potatoes it makes clean up so much easier. If you don’t like potatoes, or cheese you will hate these, but if you are normal you will love them. JK, but seriously.
Oh and guess what!!! These are a cinch to make in the oven too so no DO necessary if you don’t have one.