Easy Popcorn Chicken
Do you remember the whole “popcorn chicken” phenomenon? It was years and years ago and I don’t even remember who brought it up first, was it Arby’s? Either way, suddenly people were so excited to get these little “nuggets” of chicken that were actual white meat, crispy and totally easy to eat. In fact, I think a lot of them came in cups. And as I’m saying this I’m realizing that they are probably still out there and because we don’t ever eat fast food (except JCW’s because bless those hot, salty fries and special sauce) I’m just plain clueless. Which brings me to something else I’m clueless about…
Age. Dudes, apparently I am THE WORST judge of a person’s age. Like really. I am always blown away by people when they tell me their age. I think I just assume everyone is my age or younger and I don’t think twice about it. I wont throw out any names here, but let’s just say there are a few bloggers that I literally still cannot believe are older than me. You know who you are. I’m looking at you girls.
So what are you a bad judge of? Chicken being done? Boyfriends? Clothes? I’d love to hear!!
Easy Popcorn Chicken
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2″ chunks
- 3/4 cup milk
- dash of hot sauce
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- oil for frying
- Season salt
- In a dish, whisk together the milk and hot sauce.
- In another dish, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Place the chicken in the milk mixture and cover with saran wrap in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Heat a pan 1/3 full of oil over medium heat.
- Remove the chicken and coat in the flour mixture then straight into the hot oil until golden and cooked through, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove to a paper towel lined plate and sprinkle with extra paprika if desired.
Yield: 4, Serving Size: 1
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 367 Calories
- Total Fat: 13.9g
- Cholesterol: 88.1mg
- Carbohydrates: 26.4g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Sugar: 2.4g
- Protein: 32g
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.