Last week we talked March Madness with these awesome deep fried 7-layer dip taquitos, and this week were are starting off with a totally crave-able recipe for So. Cal Fajita Dip, and I happen to be in a little competition for it too. I hope you’ll go vote for me really quick, and don’t worry your votes enter you in to win great prizes… one that’s even $1500!!
Here are the steps to enter…
1. Visit liptondiptowin.com
2. Select your favorite food blogger dip. (Sweet Basil’s So Cal Fajita Steak Dip)
3. Fill in your info at the bottom of the page.
4. Pin your favorite dip to any of your Pinterest boards.
That’s right, your favorite Mexican just became your favorite game day dip. This dip is seriously unreal. We couldn’t wait to dive in the entire time that we were making it. The peppers and steak are seriously drool worthy and I loooooove that the Lipton Dip seasoning packet took out the step of caramelizing onions for me. (Yes, I realize I made some as a garnish, but you totally don’t have to and we never do when we are just eating it.
This dip is loaded to the max with grilled steak, sauteed peppers and cheese, gooey cheese. We seriously ate so much of this stuff we didn’t have any dinner from being so full, and it was WORTH IT!!
Make sure you pin it, try it, (and don’t forget to vote for me!) and then tell me what you think. The best part about sports is the food!!
Are Fajitas and Tacos The Same?
Fajitas are normally strips of meat either grilled or sauteed with onions and peppers.
They can be used in tacos or burritos, or served alone with a tortilla on the side.
Is There A Difference Between Red, Yellow, and Green Peppers?
The difference between red, yellow and green peppers is the ripeness.
Red peppers are just green peppers that are riper.
The taste varies with the ripeness.
A green pepper is a little bitter, yellow peppers are a little sweeter, orange a little sweeter still, and red peppers are the sweetest.
So Cal Fajita Dip
So Cal Fajita Dip is a totally crave-able recipe.
- 1 1/4 Cup Beef Sirloin, thinly sliced and chopped in 1/2" pieces, plus a few extra pieces for garnish
- 1/2 Cup Bell Pepper, each color - red, green, yellow, orange - chopped, plus a few julienned pieces for garnish
- 1/4 Yellow Onion, sliced, and caramelized for garnish
- 8 oz Neufchatel Cheese, or fat free cream cheese
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise, fat free
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese, fresh grated
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Onion Seasoning Mix, Lipton
- 1 Baguette, sliced for serving
- In a large saute, pan over medium, high heat add the meat and cook for 2-4 minutes or until done. (To slice the meat ultra thin and with ease, stick the meat in the freezer for 15 minutes before slicing.)
- Remove to a separate dish and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the peppers and cook over medium heat until perfectly sauteed.
- Remove to the dish with the meat, removing a few pieces of the meat and peppers onto another plate for garnish.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the mayonnaise, cream cheese, parmesan and Lipton Onion Mix.
- Process until smooth, and pour out into a large bowl.
- Add the peppers and meat, and stir until well combined.
- Place everything in an 8x8 inch baking dish and heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 30 minutes and top with caramelized onions, and the reserved meat and peppers.
- Serve with baguette slices!
ashley – baker by nature
Oh, this bowl of dip wouldn’t last an hour in my house!!!
Kevin @ Closet Cooking
I was getting a little bored with my taco dip and this would be a perfect change up! Great idea!
I want to try your taco dip. Off to find the recipe.
Jocelyn @BruCrew Life
Wowzers girl! That is a crazy good looking dip!! Good luck…my fingers are crossed for you 🙂
I can’t wait to make this!
VOTED! This dip is calling my name! Love fajitas!
thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
I can see myself eating a whole bowl and not regretting it (or sharing it with others). Shameful, I know–but sooo good! The dip looks so delicious!
trust me, I can relate
Shawn @ I Wash You Dry
This looks fantastic! Good luck in the competition! 🙂
What an amazing dip! I don’t think I’ve had anything like this, but wow is it mouth watering! You’ve got my vote!
thank you!!! I so appreciate it!
Christine (Cook the Story)
This dip looks so amazing. Love all the steak! Good luck from a fellow finalist. So happy that being a finalist led me to finding your blog. It’s beautiful.
Kristy @ Sweet Treats & More
Looks tasty! You know you’ve got my vote girl!
I can’t eat fajitas anymore, but I am definitely going to try this!!! Voted for you too.. Good luck!
There are no words for how much I love this dip! I kinda want to make it for lunch. That’s legit, right?
Carla @ Carlas Confections
This dip looks amazing! Yum, and good luck!!! 😀
Voted as well!! This looks amazing!! 🙂
Meagan @ A Zesty Bite
Good Luck and I just voted for you!!!
Yay! I voted. This looks so great. I can’t wait to make it!
thank you so much!!!
Alaina @ Fabtastic Eats
I voted 🙂 And this looks incredible! I can only imagine that I would devour the entire thing as well! haha Goodluck!
you’re wonderful! Thank you!