Can Bread Dough Be Frozen?
Yes, it is possible to freeze bread dough that contains yeast and has already risen once.
Wrap loosely and place in a freezer container.
Allow to thaw and raise before baking.
How Do You Reheat Rolls?
To reheat rolls in the oven, wrap in foil and place on baking sheet.
Place in 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
To reheat rolls in the microwave, arrange rolls on a microwave-safe plate.
Cover the rolls with a slightly damp, clean kitchen towel.
Wrap the entire plate in a dry towel.
Microwave until just warmed through, 30 to 45 seconds.
If the rolls are heated piping hot, they will get tough as they cool.
How Do You Store Yeast?
Yeast should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
The best way to store bulk yeast is in a glass container with a tight fitting lid.
Place the container of yeast in the freezer.
It will keep for at least 1 year.
Easy Cheesy Ranch Rolls
- 1/2 Cup warm water
- 1/2 Cup Milk *see note
- 1 Teaspoon yeast
- 3 Cup White Flour or Bread Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon Powdered Buttermilk
- 1/4 Cup sour cream or Plain Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Dry Ranch Salad Dressing mix
- Butter for finishing
- In a glass measuring cup, warm the water and milk, but make sure you don't make it hot or it will kill the yeast.
- Add the sugar and yeast, stirring slightly and allow to become puffy, about 10 minutes.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Stir in the cheese.
- Add the yogurt to the yeast mixture and using a wooden spoon stir everything together until just combined.
- Using your hands, knead to a smooth ball.
- Dough will still remain a little sticky.
- Cover the bowl with a towel and allow to rise until doubled, about 1-2 hours.
- Punch down and form into rolls and place in a greased pie pan.
- Cover with the towel again and let rise for 1-2 hours.
- Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and rub butter all over the tops.
You can use all water if needed
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 200 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 10.4mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 32.7g Fiber: 1.1g Sugar: 2.5g Protein: 7.2g