This fiesta chicken recipe is from my sister in law and I just changed things up a bit to make it more to our tastes. It’s quick and easy for those nights when you don’t want to worry about sides etc. You can totally just eat it how it is, but we usually cook up some fresh tortillas and eat it burrito style. It’s fairly healthy too! Enjoy!
Is Chicken Breast A Good Source Of Protein?
A 3-ounce serving of cooked chicken breast has about 25 grams of protein.
Chicken breast is low in fat and calories.
Are Black Beans Nutritious?
Black beans are prized for their high protein and fiber content.
Black beans may help strengthen bones, and contain several vitamins and minerals.
Can You Substitute Yellow Bell Pepper For Red?
You can use yellow or orange bell pepper instead of red bell pepper.
Red bell peppers are a little sweeter than yellow or orange peppers, but they can be used interchangeably.
Recipe By Jessica adapted by me
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pkg. fajita seasoning divided
- 4 chicken breasts skinned and boned, cubed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion medium, minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can corn whole-kernel
- 15 ounce black beans rinsed and drained
- 14-1/2 ounce tomatoes Mexican-style diced
- 1 4.5- ounce green chiles chopped
- 1/2 Bell Pepper Red, chopped
- 2 cups brown rice cooked
- 2-1/4- ounce olives sliced (optional)
- 3 tablespoons cilantro fresh, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Combine cornstarch and 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning in a zip-top freezer bag
- Add chicken. Seal zip bag and shake to coat chicken.
- Cook chicken in hot oil in a large pan over high heat, stirring often, 4 minutes or until browned.
- Reduce heat to medium-high; add onion and garlic.
- Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining fajita seasoning, corn, black beans, diced tomatoes, chiles, cooked brown rice, and, if desired, olives.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and stir in chopped cilantro and lime juice.
- Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro if desired.