I hate thinking up vegetables with dinner. We love salad and we love veggies but considering that we eat dinner (as all of you do) every single night, every single year for a whole lifetime it gets old trying to figure out something new and yummy with dinner. Especially during the summer as we want things a little more light fun. Cade is the genius behind this fiesta corn, in fact he’s actually the genius behind many of our recipes so I’m going to make sure he gets all the credit for this one.
Cade is so good at wingin’ it recipes. I’ll pull a few ingredients out of the fridge that we really need to use up before we end up wasting food and I’ll make something way lame. Cade will grab the same things and kill it. In fact, here’s what he says is the secret…
“It’s all about the little things. Like, some fresh herbs, a little more spice or spices or just add cheese and then everything is good.” Haha, I’m holding you to that Cadels. (He’s probably going to roll his eyes when he sees that. Ha! Every wife has a nickname for her hubs, you’re not alone, dear.” He’s such a healthy stinker so the cheese comment is just cracking me up because although we LOVE cheese it’s also something I’m more willing to load up on than he is.
Anyway, this corn is a little sweet, salty, buttery and pops of flavor from the peppers. It’s a little bit of perfection, just like you Cade. Awwwww… now let’s talk about rubbing my aching feet, sweet man. 😉
Is Corn Good For You?
Sweet corn is loaded with nutrients that help promote healthy vision.
It is high in fiber and contains healthy bacteria which promote healthy digestion.
Can Corn Be Frozen On The Cob?
Corn on the cob can be frozen.
Corn frozen on the cob sometimes develops a cobby flavor or becomes mushy.
For best results, be sure to follow the instructions for blanching and cooling the corn on the cob before freezing.
How Long Will Cooked Corn Keep?
Stored in a container with a tight fitting lid, or covered well, cooked corn will keep 3-5 days in the refrigerator.
More CORN RECIPES You Are Sure to Love:
- Secret the the Best Grilled Corn
- Elote Mexican Corn Pasta Salad
- Slow Cooker Potato Broccoli Corn Chowder with Bacon
- Cheesy Zucchini Corn Casserole
- Elote Grilled Mexican Corn Salad
- Grilled Corn Avocado Tomato Salad
- Bacon Ranch Corn Dip
- Ham and Potato Corn Chowder
- Grilled Greek Chicken and Corn Salad
- Mexican Street Corn – Elote
- Ham Sandwich and Corn Chowder
- Best Creamed Corn
- How to Freeze Corn
- Cilantro Butter Corn
- Grilled Corn Salad with Black Beans and Rice
- All our SIDE DISHES here!
- 3 cups sweet corn, thawed
- 1/2 sweet onion, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- olive oil for cooking
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat and drizzle in a little olive oil.
- Add the onions and peppers and turn down to low.
- Allow to cook for 20-35 minutes or until caramelized and tender.
- Add the corn and heat through.
- Sprinkle in the salt and sugar, adding more salt until it's flavorful.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 80 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 17.5g Fiber: 2.1g Sugar: 7.5g Protein: 2.8g