These Goin’ Fishing Brownie Cupcakes are super simple to whip up! They’re perfect for Father’s Day, summer picnics, and birthday parties!
Hey guys! It’s Rebecca again from Living Better Together and I’m so excited to be sharing this fun recipe with you guys today! When I was a kid, I always got excited when the ice went out on the lakes and spring finally rolled in. It meant that fishing season was right around the corner. It meant days on the shore and in the canoe with a line in the water just waiting for a bite. I still remember going upstairs in my grandfather’s garage to pick my favorite pole, I always wanted the pretty red one.
But I have to admit, I honestly can’t remember the last time I went fishing. What was once such a fun childhood past time, now seems to have gotten away from me. I think we all have things that get unintentionally lost in the past, things we love but suddenly don’t have time for. So this summer I’m making a vow to myself to get back to my routes and do some of the things I haven’t done in years, like fishing, flashlight tag, and stargazing on a blanket with hot cocoa. My summer wish for all of you, is that you’ll get out there and do the same. Take a walk down memory lane and make some new ones!
But don’t forget to take some of these super cute fishing brownie cupcakes with you on your walk, okay? They’re so easy and fun to make and the whole family will love them! They’re a simple 6-ingredient brownie base, with a classic buttercream, and topped with pretzels, icing, and brownie goldfish!
Why Do Cupcakes Stick to the Paper Liners?
Sometimes the problem is the liner itself.
You need a good quality liner.
Make sure you spray the liner with non stick spray.
Another reason cupcakes may stick is that they haven’t been cooled completely.
Make sure your cupcakes are completely cool before removing the paper liners.
Placing a pan of water on the lower rack of the oven while baking cupcakes will also help keep the paper liner form sticking.
How Do You Tell if Brownies Are Done?
Brownies will pull away from the side of the pan a little bit when they are done.
You can also stick a toothpick in near the center of the pan.
If it comes out with just a few moist crumbs clinging to it, your brownies are done.
Goin’ Fishing Brownie Cupcakes
- 3/4 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) Butter
- 3 Large Eggs
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3 cups Confectioners' Sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Butter, softened to room temp
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Heavy Cream
- Blue Food Coloring
- 12 Pretzel Sticks
- 12 Brownie Goldfish
- White Icing
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Line cupcake pan with liners.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and butter.
- Microwave on high on 30 second intervals, stirring in between until completely melted and smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, and vanilla until well mixed.
- Slowly add egg mix to the chocolate mix, whisking well.
- Slowly add in flour and mix until smooth.
- Add batter to cupcake liners, filling them about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20-15 minutes, until toothpick comes clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- In a stand mixer or large bowl, beat sugar and butter on low speed until blended, then increase the speed to medium-high and whip for 3 minutes.
- Add the vanilla extract and heavy cream and continue to beat for 1-2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add blue food coloring as desired.
- Frost cupcakes with a frosting spatula to create wave effect.
- Add a pretzel stick to each cupcake, draw a line from the top of the stick and place a brownie goldfish at the end of the line.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 537 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 121.1mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 60.7g Fiber: 1.1g Sugar: 48.1g Protein: 3.8g
Connect with Rebecca: