So it’s getting a little cold out, but that doesn’t mean you couldn’t have a little ice cream or at least save this recipe for a warmer day right?!
It’s so light and refreshing. I really do adore it. You will notice Pirouette cookies in the glass. That’s how we eat our frappe, with the little hazelnut or vanilla cookie, but you totally don’t have to. I mean, you’re crazy if you don’t, but you don’t haaaaaaaaaave to I guess. 😉
This is one of those things that can be a little sticky to mix up but the flavor is fresh and refreshing and both the kids and adults love it. I personally prefer mine without pop, but the kids definitely want it.
What Is Frappe?
Frappe in French means iced.
Frappe is an iced drink, in the United States it often contains ice cream.
Will Carbonated Drinks Hurt You?
Some, but not all carbonated drinks may cause bone damage.
Cola drinks contain a lot of phosphorus which can injure bones.
Most concerns with carbonated drinks is with the sugar content, not the carbonation.
- 1/2 Qt Raspberry Sherbet which I can't stop calling sherbert, but whatev'
- 1/2 Qt Pineapple Sherbet
- 3 Bananas chopped in quarters
- 1/2-1 Bag Frozen Raspberries chopped
- 7 up or Sprite
- Mix the sherbets and fruit together.
- Place in freezer for a few hours.
- Scoop into glasses, top with a little pop and eat up!