I’ve got one little one sleeping, one playing pretend with her friend and a bowl of granola sitting next to me (did you know I’m a granola addict? It’s true. Try my strawberry almond granola and join my club). In other words, it’s a pretty easy going day over here. And what better to write about while you enjoy a healthy snack than fried ham and cheese melts? Right?
I made these months ago and totally forgot to ever post about them because we got a tad busy with life and I pretty much spaced it. So let’s make sure we go over the important things so you can head into the kitchen and make these asap. First, hot oil, not burn your house down oil. Make sure you’ve got your oil over medium heat so these have a chance to cook through. Second, get good quality cheese. The end. Good cheese can change the world. Third, try spreads for dipping like honey mustard or a sweet mayo. That’s it, get on it!
Is Spiral Ham Pre-cooked?
Spiral cut hams are fulled cooked.
For best flavor, they should be eaten cold.
To heat spiral cut ham, wrap tightly in foil to prevent drying out.
Bake about 10 minutes per pound.
Are Ham Steaks Pre-cooked?
Ham steaks are just a cut from a whole ham.
They are not usually pre-cooked?
Fried Ham and Cheese Melts
- Crescent Roll Dough
- 6 slices Brown Sugar Ham
- 1 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Oil for frying
- Fill a pot 1/3 full of oil over medium heat.
- Roll out the dough, pressing the seams together.
- Sprinkle the ham and cheese over half the dough and then fold over the other side and press the edges closed.
- Using a biscuit cutter, cut out 6 circles and reseal the edges.
- Gently lower into the oil and fry until golden on each side, about 2 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels for 2 minutes then serve.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 122 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 35.2mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 1.3g Fiber: 0.4g Sugar: 0.1g Protein: 9.2g