A month ago my hubs and I had these delicious fried ravioli at a restaurant and I have been dying to recreate it. Ravioli is such a great go to meal. It is so versatile! If you make your own you can stuff them with cheese, spinach, meat and cheese, cheese and spinach or anything else that you can think of! Then there’s the sauce you can go spicy, traditional Italian, cheese blend, garlic, or use one of your family favorites. The combinations are virtually endless! Making fried ravioli just ads to the experience. To make these little babies I dipped them in buttermilk instead of egg because the egg on pasta just seemed weird to me. It worked oh so perfectly! They were nice and crispy on the outside and full of yummy goodness on the inside. These would be perfect for an appetizer at your next get together or even served as a meal for your family. We bought the Buitoni ravioli, but I am curious if anyone knows a better one with more filling or a good recipe and I’ll just make them. These really were so good, but I wanted a little more filling to bite into.
- 1 Pkg fresh ravioli
- 1 Cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 Cups seasoned bread crumbs (or more depending on the size of the pasta)
- Olive Oil
- Marinara for dipping
- Heat a skillet with olive oil. About 1/4 inch deep.
- Coat ravioli in buttermilk and let excess drip off so as to not soak through the bread crumbs.
- Dredge in bread crumbs and place in oil. Be sure to not overcrowd the pan!
- Brown on each side and remove to a plate with paper towels.
- Sprinkle with fresh parmesan and serve with your favorite marinara!!
Yield: , Serving Size: 1 recipe
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 1866 Calories
- Total Fat: 37.3g
- Cholesterol: 164.4mg
- Carbohydrates: 301.3g
- Fiber: 14.3g
- Sugar: 25.3g
- Protein: 79.4g
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.