So, I’ve been hearing about Turkey Fryers, Fried Turkeys, Masterbuilt, and Butterball for a very, very long time. I’ve been DYING to try everything out for myself, but the thought of one of those huge, propane fryers exploding, and all of us ending up in the emergency room was a bit too terrifying for me. I know, a bit graphic yeah? Anyway, I decided that this Thanksgiving I was going to just go for it, so I started to do my research… Lo and Behold the Butterball INDOOR Electric Turker Fryer. Here is The Best Turkey!
To make our turkey we brined it in 2 gallons of water with 2 cups of table salt for 4 hours. Then, we dried it and placed it in the fridge for 8 hours. Next, I mixed 2 cloves of garlic, minced, with 1-2 tb Italian Seasoning and 1-2 Tb Olive Oil. I rubbed that all over and under the skin of the turkey and placed it in the fryer for 47 min (we had a 13.77 lb turkey). Once done we hung it on the side for 15 min with the lid draped over the turkey. Last, we sliced that juicy, delicious turkey and ate it up!
Here are my favorite points:
- Safety…Approved for indoor use!! Especially important in freezing cold Utah. I have zero desire to be outside, especially to cook. The thermostat temperature control insures oil won’t overheat and with the patented Electric Indoor Design there’s no open flame (unlike traditional turkey fryers). NO PROPANE EXPLOSION!! Woohoo! Of course, you should always be careful with blazing hot oil, but I’d much rather fry in this puppy than in the traditional fryers.
- Convenience…This fryer uses 1/3 less oil than traditional turkey fryers (2 vs. 3 gallons), cooks turkeys up to 14lbs in only 3.5 minutes per pound and it frees up your oven for cooking the rest of the Thanksgiving meal. Don’t tell me you’ve never had the, “I have to cook two sides, rolls, pies and a turkey, but we have 1 oven” dilema. Our house wasn’t blazing hot from all of the cooking and dinner happened right on time, with everything hot because I didn’t have to cook in rounds.
- There’s even have an XL model that fries turkeys up to 20lbs!!
- Taste…Hands down, the best tasting turkey you’ve ever eaten. No kidding. It was hot, juicy, tender, and flavorful. AMAZING. Consumers claim that the primary reason they fry turkey is because of the taste plus a fried turkey only absorbs about a tablespoon of oil. sweet!
Versatility: Guess what? You can boil in this sucker too! Just add water instead of oil. I plan on using my turkey fryer for other things too, not just turkey.
- Easy Clean up… I was DREADING cleanup. I thought it was going to be ridiculously long and annoying. It was a cinch!! The Butterball Indoor Electric Turkey Fryer has a built-in oil drain valve plus the frying pot, basket and lid are all dishwasher safe. I thought the basket was going to be torture to clean, but I put it in the sink, turned on the hot water and started spraying it off, and ALL of those little browned bits washed right off. Seriously? That’s easier than cleaning regular pots and pans!!!
It’s easy to find too ..
Bass Pro Shop
PublixVisit www.masterbuilt.com for a complete list of retail locations.
@JohnMcLemore @Masterbuilt @dadgumthatsgood