These Fudgy Caramel Egg Brownies are decadent. Like I can’t even handle the decadence, decadent. But you totally can and you’ll totally want to eat the whole pan. Hi guys! Des from Life’s Ambrosia here again. This time I am bringing you this recipe for Fudgy Caramel Egg Brownies. They are brownies baked with a layer of caramel filled eggs and then topped with a thick layer of dark chocolate ganache.
In the coming weeks I bet you’re going to find yourself with an abundance of Easter candy. I’m really not sure which holiday we eat more candy: Easter or Halloween. They could be tied, I’m not sure. Maybe we just eat a lot of candy. What I am sure of however, is that those caramel filled eggs that pop up on the shelves around Easter time are kind of my jam.
Brownies are also my jam.
Brownies with a layer caramel filled eggs and dark chocolate ganache are the jam of all jams. And that’s why I’m sharing them with you today.
One thing I love about brownies is how easy they are to make. You only need one bowl, a whisk, a wooden spoon and a baking dish. These brownies do however, require a little bit of time because of the ganache. Sure, they would be fantastic right after the ganache hardens but let me tell you a secret. After you cover them and put them in the refrigerator for a few hours they become out of this world.
Fudgy. Decadent. Everything a good brownie should be.
Just make sure that you keep them out of reach of little hands. They will for sure try to snatch them!
Can Brownies be Cooked in a Microwave?
Brownies can be cooked in a Microwave.
Place brownie batter in a microwave safe dish.
Microwave on high until brownies are just set in center, 4 to 7 minutes, depending on power and size of your oven.
After 4 minutes, if the brownies aren’t set, check every 15 seconds till done.
Will Brownies Keep at Room Temperature?
Fully cooked brownies will last a week or more at room temperature.
Wrap tightly it keep the air out.
Air will dry brownies and make them crumble.
Fudgy Caramel Egg Brownies
Preorder our new book!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Fudgy Caramel Egg Brownies
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 - 5 Caramel Filled Eggs chilled and cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Easter sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- Leave some hanging over the sides so you can easily lift the brownies from the pan.
- In a bowl whisk together melted butter and cocoa powder until smooth.
- Mix in granulated sugar.
- Once mixed, whisk in eggs one at a time.
- Whisk in vanilla.
- Add in flour and salt and mix just until combined.
- Do not over mix.
- Spread half of the mixture onto the prepared baking pan.
- Scatter diced caramel filled eggs over the top.
- Spread remaining half of brownie mixture on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Make the ganache by heating cream just until steaming.
- Add in chocolate chips and stir until smooth and shiny.
- Let set for 2 minutes.
- Pour ganache over the top of cooled brownies.
- Sprinkle sprinkles over the top.
- Let set at room temperature just until the ganache starts to set, about 20 minutes.
- Cover loosely and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- When ready, cut into 12 brownies and serve.