Don’t you just love grilling season? These Hawaiian Turkey Sliders really hit the spot for us a couple nights ago, and I’m just positive they will for you too.
Because I’m not really a hamburger eater I’m always trying to think up other options that we could grill that still satisfy my husband’s need for burgers, but I avoid the actual hamburger. I really don’t know why I can’t seem to like hamburgers, but Turkey burgers taste delicious to me. I know, at least for one thing,
that I feel that hamburgers are more grainy and crumbly. Maybe I just need to try making my own hamburgers versus trying them out at restaurants. I hate dry meat and a lot of burgers taste dry to me. I’ll have to contemplate making my own.
These turkey burgers are simple enough to make, and you can make them even more simple by using terriyaki sauce from the store of leftover sauce from terriyaki chicken one night. We used King’s Hawaiian Mini Sub Rolls and then grilled them a little. They were delicious. We also went with Tillamook’s Colby Jack Cheese because I love it’s flavor and meltability. I still think it’s one of the best Colby Jacks that I’ve had.
What is the Difference Between Red and Green Peppers.
Red and green peppers are basically the same pepper.
Red peppers have just been left on the plant to ripen longer.
Green peppers become yellow and then orange and then red as they ripen.
The more color, the sweeter the pepper.
Will Pineapple Continue To Ripen After It is Picked?
A pineapple will not ripen any further after it is picked.
Pineapples are picked at the maximum ripeness.
How Long Will A Pineapple Keep?
Whole pineapples will generally keep well at room temperature for about 1 to 2 days.
To store longer, place the pineapple in the refrigerator.
Pineapple will keep for 3-5 days in the refrigerator.
Hawaiian Turkey Sliders
Hawaiian Turkey Sliders
- Turkey Burger Patties or Ground turkey salt and pepper- form into patties
- Grilled Pineapple
- Grilled Red and Green Peppers sliced
- Colby Jack Cheese
- Bacon Cooked
- Teriyaki Sauce *your own or store bought
- King's Hawaiian Mini Sub Rolls
- Grill the turkey burgers over high heat for about 6-7 minutes per side.
- Place the cheese on the burgers the last 1-3 minutes and close the lid to allow the cheese to melt. (You'll notice I forgot the cheese and had to throw it on the lid and melt on the top shelf of the BBQ. Still worked Great) This is a great time to also grill the peppers and pineapple until grill marks appear.
- Layer the turkey burger on the bun, top with teriyaki, bacon, peppers and pineapple and then top with the bun lid.