I’m not sure what has happened to me. I’ve never really been a pancake girl. I am more of a crepe girl. Or I used to be. These Chocolate multigrain pancakes have changed our lives forever. They are so fluffy and utterly wonderful. Gosh, I just adore them. Imagine having company over, telling them pancakes are for breakfast and then blowing them away with chocolately deliciousness.
These chocolate pancakes are not just fluffy and wonderful, they are also healthy. Oh, now don’t get all crazy on me. I’ve had those “healthy” pancakes too. The ones where you kind of want to “accidentally” knock your plate to the dog. Healthy should not always mean gritty, grainy, and flavorless. Sometimes it should mean, “Booyah! I get to eat an extra one because it’s still better than 1 regular pancake!”
Psh, Chocolate Pancakes Could Never Be Healthier
These pancakes use Kamut, Rice Flour, Spelt, Wheat germ, whole wheat, greek yogurt, bla bla bla. SEE! I told you you could have more. Obviously it’s not like you are having
Saturday mornings at our house are pretty easy going. We are all about having a slow moving start, a yummy, warm breakfast, and then spending the day together. It’s actually kind of funny to think that growing up we didn’t really have a Saturday morning breakfast tradition, however we did have breakfast for dinner (BFD) quite often. It usually was scrambled eggs and toast, toast and fruit or waffles with strawberries and ice cream (don’t judge). I totally get it now. Saturdays are so crazy and you are so tired from the week that making a big dinner just never sounds really fun.
And then there’s the buttermilk syrup. Here’s where it’s listed, but I’ll do a post just for the syrup later. It’s like a creamy pool of yumminess. In fact, I’d even go so far as to say that buttermilk syrup is better than a bunch of oreos being dunked in milk.
Are Multi Grain Pancakes Healthier?
Multigrain pancakes have higher levels of calcium, iron, phosphorus and riboflavin.
Why Eat Wheat Germ?
Wheat germ is a great source of vegetable proteins, along with fiber and healthy fats.
Wheat germ is high in vitamin E, magnesium, zinc, thiamin, folate, potassium, and phosphorus.
Is Greek Yogurt Healthier?
Greek yogurt is an excellent source of calcium, which can help improve bone health.
It also contains probiotics, which support a healthy bacterial balance in the gut.
Greek yogurt has more protein than regular yogurt, but regular yogurt has more calcium.
Multi Grain Chocolate Pancakes
Multi Grain Chocolate Pancakes
- 1/4 Cup Spelt
- 1 1/4 Cup Kamut
- 1/4 Cup Rice Flour
- 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat
- 1/4 Cup White Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Wheat Germ
- 2 Tablspoons Cocoa
- 3 Tablespoons White Sugar
- 3/4 Teaspoons Sea Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 3/4 Cup Fat Free Milk
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- In a bowl, whisk together the flours, sugar, salt, baking powder and cocoa. Sometimes, there are tiny little clumps of the cocoa. Don't worry, it will all work out.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the yogurt, milk, eggs and vanilla.
- Create a well in the center of the flour and add the wet ingredients, whisking until smooth.
- Heat a griddle or skillet to medium heat and rub with a little unsalted butter.
- Use 1/4-1/3 cup to scoop out the batter and pour onto the hot pan.
- Cook until little bubbles have formed and begun to pop.
- Flip over and cook through, about another minute.
- Serve with homemade syrup and lots of love.