This Honey Lime chicken is a new favorite.OH. SWEET. MERCY. LOVE IT (Said in a kind of sing-songy voice that if you know me you can totally hear in your head right now)! It’s so juicy and flavorful. You. Must. Try. It. Tomorrow is good. Please report back. 😉
And, guess what? I made it in my NuWave. Didn’t it turn out beautiful?! And I’ve also posted about the side recipe as we received so many emails asking for it. It’s really simple, and totally made up so we call it fiesta rice. It goes perfectly with the chicken especially if you’re making it during the summer and you can use fresh corn and tomatoes. But during the winter works too!
Is Honey Safe To Eat?
Processed, packaged honey is safe to eat.
Raw honey can contain spores of a certain bacteria that could cause botulism.
Raw honey is safe for most healthy adults, but it can be dangerous for infants and pregnant women.
Can You Use Honey Instead of Sugar In Recipes?
Yes, you can substitute honey for sugar in most recipes.
To use honey in place of 1 cup of sugar, use 2 tablespoons less honey, and add 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda and reduce another liquid in the recipe by 3 tablespoons.
The flavor and texture will be slightly different, but you may think it is even better.
How Long Will Cooked Chicken Keep?
Cooked chicken will last for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator.
Honey Lime Chicken
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (2 limes), plus the zest of both limes
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts
- In a large ziploc combine all of the ingredients, and squish the bag to mix everything.
- Add chicken to bag, turn to coat and reseal.
- Place in refrigerator overnight.
- Heat your BBQ or the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grill until cooked through on each side (usually 5-6 minutes per side) or bake for 30 min.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 286 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 110.4mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 7.1g Fiber: 0.4g Sugar: 5.9g Protein: 34.2g