I think we will go with a softer roll or bread vs Ciabatta next time we make these Honey Mustard Chicken Sandwiches, but it was seriously such a good sandwich. We did have lettuce on there too, but somehow this sandwich ended up without any.
I saw this recipe on a friend’s blog and I knew it was going to be a keeper. We are big fans of delicious sandwiches that we can make in a hurry, but it still totally hits the spot. I love the yummy dressing on it. That may be the best part. I stored the extra so we could use it on other sandwiches as well. I may have slathered it on… not so healthy of me. The bacon and avocado with that honey mustard mayo, MMMMMM! This is perfect for dinner with a new baby too. Not much prep work, but everyone still gets a really delicious meal. Serve some fresh fruit or salad with it and you are all set!
What Kind Of Bread Do You Use For Panini?
A good bread the is full of body makes the best panini.
Try using focaccia, ciabatta or a whole grain baguette.
Honey Mustard Chicken Sandwiches
For the Sandwiches
- Boneless Skinless chicken breasts
- olive oil
- Montreal Chicken seasoning
- red onion
- 1 cup mayo 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or as much as you want depending on desired spiciness
- Marinate chicken in olive oil and seasoning for 1 hour (or however long you have).
- Grill then slice.
- Mix dressing.
- Assemble on roll.
- Top with desired toppings.