I think we will go with a softer roll or bread vs Ciabatta next time we make these Honey Mustard Chicken Sandwiches, but it was seriously such a good sandwich. We did have lettuce on there too, but somehow this sandwich ended up without any.
I saw this recipe on a friend’s blog and I knew it was going to be a keeper. We are big fans of delicious sandwiches that we can make in a hurry, but it still totally hits the spot. I love the yummy dressing on it. That may be the best part. I stored the extra so we could use it on other sandwiches as well. I may have slathered it on… not so healthy of me. The bacon and avocado with that honey mustard mayo, MMMMMM! This is perfect for dinner with a new baby too. Not much prep work, but everyone still gets a really delicious meal. Serve some fresh fruit or salad with it and you are all set!
Is Avocado Fruit?
Avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable.
However, nutritionally, avocados are more like a vegetable and are listed as such in the USDA sites.
How Can You Tell If An Avocado Is Ripe?
If an avocado yields to firm but gentle pressure, it is ripe.
It will feel lightly soft, but not mushy.
Is Chicken a Healthy Meat?
Chicken is part of a healthy diet because it is considered a lean meat.
Chicken is also a good source of protein and phosphorus.
Honey Mustard Chicken Sandwiches
For the Sandwiches
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Olive Oil
- Montreal Chicken Seasoning
- Red Onion
- 1 cup Mayo
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper, or as much as you want depending on desired spiciness
- Marinate chicken in olive oil and seasoning for 1 hour (or however long you have).Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, Olive Oil, Montreal Chicken Seasoning
- Grill then slice.
- Mix dressing.1 cup Mayo, 3 Tablespoons Honey, 1 Tablespoon Mustard, 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Assemble on roll.
- Top with desired toppings.Bacon, Avocado, Lettuce, Tomato, Red Onion