Is A Sub Sandwich The Same As A Hoagy?
A sub sandwich, is the name given in the United States to a type of sandwich that consists of a length of bread or roll split lengthwise and filled with a variety of meats, cheeses, vegetables, and condiments.
It can also be called a hoagy, hero, grinder, po’boy or Italian sandwich.
Can Meatballs Be Frozen After The Are Cooked?
Yes, you can cook the meatballs and freeze them to be used later.
Just place meatballs in a freezer bag, flatten the bag to squeeze the air out and seal it.
Cooked meatballs will keep for up to 4 months in the freezer.
How Long Will a Sub Sandwich Keep?
A sub sandwich can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- 2 Slices White Bread minus the crust
- 1/2 Cup Whole Milk or buttermilk
- 1/4 Lb Ground Pork
- 3/4 Lb Lean Ground Turkey
- 1/3 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 Teaspoon Minced Garlic
- A dash of Kosher Salt
- A dash of fresh black pepper
- 1 lb. Ground Turkey
- 1 pkg. Spicy Italian sausage
- 1/2 Onion diced
- 1 Bell Pepper diced
- 5 small cans 8 ounces of tomato sauce
- 3 small cans 6 ounces of tomato paste
- 1 Can crushed tomatoes 14.5 ounces, italian style
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 Teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 2 Teaspoons Oregano
- 2 Teaspoons Parsley Flakes
- 3 Tablespoons Red Wine
- A dash of red pepper flakes
- Mush the bread and milk together and let sit for 10 min. (This will hold the meatballs together, but if you have a different way like breadcrumbs please share because I'd love to try a different method if it works well and still keeps the meatballs moist)
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and then add the bread and milk mixture.
- Mix until just combined and shape into meatballs.
- Place a pan on medium heat with a little oil and brown all sides of the meatball.
- Place in a 350 degree oven for 10 min or until done depending on the size of your meatball.
- Brown ground turkey, sausage, onion and pepper.
- Add all ingredients in a big pot.
- Simmer for 2 hrs
- Add the meatballs and simmer for an additional 15 min.
- !To Assemble
- Slice open a roll or hoagie of choice and brush lightly with olive oil.
- Place under the broiler until just starting to brown.
- Spoon meatballs and sauce into bread and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Place back under the broiler until the cheese is gooey.