Never tried inside out lasagna? Well here you go, give it a try! It’s an easy lasagna recipe that eliminates most of the work!
My sweet husband got me a subscription to EatingWell magazine for Christmas. This inside out lasagna recipe was listed under “Dinner in a Bowl.” Since I am always looking for a fast, healthy, tasty meal I thought we’d give it a try. As a bonus, the magazine pointed out that this meal is only $2/serving! We all liked it so now I’m sharing it with you! As you can probably tell from the picture, we added Italian sausage. yummy.
How Long Will Lasagna Keep?
Left over lasagna will keep for 3-5 days in the refrigerator.
Lasagna should be kept in a container with a lid or covered with plastic wrap.
How Do You Reheat Lasagna?
To reheat lasagna, cover it with aluminum foil and bake it in the oven at 350° F until it is hot clear through.
What Could You Substitute For Ricotta Cheese?
Cream cheese is a good substitute for ricotta because it has a similar soft, creamy texture.
However, cream cheese has more fat than ricotta cheese.
Inside Out Lasagna
Inside Out Lasagna
by Eating Well
- 8 oz whole wheat pasta, whole wheat
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 onion, small, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 can tomatoes with Italian herbs, diced
- 8 Cups baby spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3/4 Cup ricotta cheese
- 2 links Italian sausage
- Bring large pot of water to boil.
- Add pasta and cook until just tender.
- Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage, drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until soft and beginning to brown, about 3 min.
- Add mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until the mushrooms release their liquid.
- Add tomatoes, spinach and crushed red pepper.
- Increase heat to medium high.
- Cook, stirring once halfway through, until the spinach is wilted (4 min).
- Toss the sauce with the pasta and divide among 4 bowls.
- Dollop each serving with 3 tablespoons of ricotta.