It’s happening. Dessert recipes for the instant pot are amazing! This instant pot peanut butter cup cheesecake has an oreo crust as well so dig in!
Instant pot recipes, pressure cooker recipes and slow cooker recipes are all the rage this year and we are happy to jump on that bandwagon. There’s nothing quite like a creamy cheesecake to make you feel like you’ve died and gone to heaven and this instant pot dessert recipe, Instant Pot Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake with an Oreo Crust is everything you want and need for Valentine’s Day.
Last fall we posted our very first Instant pot recipe, one that I’m pretty shocked I’m so obsessed with, 2 Ingredient Instant Pot Applesauce. It is amazing. Like, I literally never think about having a bowl of applesauce, but now I’m enamored with the stuff.
That moved us quickly on to Instant Pot Taco Soup, Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff, and Instant Pot Chili, so it only seemed natural to throw in an instant pot dessert recipe. Thankfully my dear friend, Barbara from Pressure Cooker Today and Barbara Bakes has a new cookbook, The Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook out and I quickly turned to her to see if there were any dessert recipes.
Winner, winner! One of the first I saw was this, Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake and as an avid Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake fan I just had to go for it.
The entire book is filled with perfectly written recipes that are easy to understand and make, along with pictures so you know exactly what you’ll be making. I love that the cookbook contains valuable information to make pressure cooker recipes, or we use our Instant Pot turn out perfect every time.
Which Instant Pot is Best
We often get asked which instant pot is best to buy or which pressure cooker is best, and for us, a family of 5 with small children, who also like to host guests, the Instant Pot DUO Plus 60, 6 Qt 9-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker is the best. Now, if you have a large family of older children then yes, go ahead and get the bigger one but a 6qt instant pot (an electric pressure cooker) is plenty big enough for most families.
We also like that this particular model has the saute, yogurt, bean and chili, and even rice option so you can make so many different things all in one gadget. You can get rid of your steamer, rice maker, and slow cooker with one item, but if you’re me I keep them all because I’m weird like that, haha.
Which pressure cooker size do you need? Again, it really just depends on what size of family you have or how many people you cook for. For 4-6 servings you’re good with a 6qt but if you need to make more than that just get a bigger size, however don’t get the bigger thinking it’s better if you don’t need it. A big pressure cooker to cook a small amount of food isn’t a great idea as it can cook it differently.
Are Pressure Cookers and Instant Pots the Same?
An instant pot is pretty much the same thing as an electric pressure cooker, but you also get the functions of a slow cooker, saute pan, yogurt maker etc so it’s like a circus in there, the good kind, not the creepy clown kind.
How to Make Cheesecake in an Instant Pot
To make a cheesecake in an instant pot or pressure cooker you need three things, a sling, a water bath and a trivet.
A trivet is something that should come with your instant pot. It allows whatever is placed on it to sit up off the bottom of the pan or out of the water. It’s a little metal rack.
A water bath is way easier in an instant pot than the oven as you just pour a little water in the bottom of the pan, lower in the trivet and then set a pan of cheesecake with foil over the top onto the trivet using the sling.
Now you’ll just pressure cook on high and you’re all set!
How to Make a Sling for an Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker
A sling can be quickly made using foil and often I’ll save it and reuse it one more time since it doesn’t get dirty.
Take a long piece of foil and fold it lengthwise, just like when you learned hot dog versus hamburger at school. Keep folding until it’s about 2″ wide. Place the foil under a pan and gently lift the two ends to set a pan inside of another pan. This keeps your hands free from hot sides or from awkwardly dropping the pan of food.
Instant Pot Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
The instant pot peanut butter cup cheesecake starts off with a super easy oreo crust, then a creamy and silky peanut butter cheesecake filling and finally a rich chocolate ganache poured over the top and sprinkled with mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
Hey, speaking of, do you know the trick to cutting a peanut butter cup? Always turn it upside down and it won’t smoosh or crumble on you. But then again, you get to eat an instant pot peanut butter cup cheesecake, so who cares if it doesn’t look perfect as long as it tastes good!
What Tools for Instant Pot Cheesecake
So that you don’t run into the same issue as I did with having the wrong sized pans, here’s what you need to make cheesecake in an instant pot.
- 7″ Spring Form pan that fits a 5, 6 and 8qt instant pot. We personally like this one because it’s leakproof and Nordic Ware is a great brand with a better price.
- Trivet if your model didn’t come with one
- Smaller Pie Server this pie server is small and works better with this little cheesecake. It’s got height but a traditional cheesecake can be flatter and wider so a regular pie server is fine while with this cheesecake it can be a bit too wide.
And for all your basic Instant Pot needs, check out our Instant Pot Cheat Sheet!
More Decadent Desserts You’re Sure to Love:
- Dulce de Leche Chocolate Cheesecake
- Salted Caramel Crème Brûlée
- Lime Cheesecake with Triple Berry Sauce
- Lemon Poppy Seed Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Mini Fruit Tarts
- Caramel Brownies from Scratch
- Nutella Dulce de Leche Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Oreo Brownies
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cookie Pie
- All our DESSERT RECIPES!
Instant Pot Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
instant pot peanut butter cup cheesecake
For the crust
- 1 Cup Oreo Cookie Crumbs about 12 cookies
- 2 Tablespoons Butter melted
For the Filling
- 12 ounces Softened Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon Flour
- 2 Large Eggs at room temperature
- 1 Large Egg Yolk at room temperature
For the Ganache
- 6 ounces about 3/4 Cup Milk Chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/3 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2/3 Cup Roughly Chopped Peanut Butter Cups
- Spray a 7" springform pan with nonstick spray.
- Pour 1 cup water into the instant pot and place a trivet in the bottom.
To Make the Crust
- In a bowl, stir together the cookie crumbs and butter.
- Spread the crust evenly in the bottom and about 1" up the sides of the springform.
- Freeze for 10 minutes.
To Make the Filling
- In a large bowl, with a handheld mixer, mix the cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until smooth.
- Blend in the peanut butter, heavy cream, vanilla and flour.
- One at a time, mix in the eggs and egg yolk.
- Pour the batter over the crust and cover the pan with foil.
- Make a sling by folding a long piece of foil lengthwise to make it strong. Place the cheesecake on the sling and gently lower onto the trivet.
- Lock the lid and cook at high pressure for 50 minutes.
- Turn off the pressure cook and do a natural release for 10 minutes and then a quick release.
- Remove the lid and foil, and using an instant read thermometer in the center of the cheesecake, make sure the cheesecake has reached 150 degrees farenheit. If it hasn't, place everything back on and cook an additional 5 minutes, 10 minute release and check the temperature again.
- Remove to cool and remove the foil.
- After it's cooled, place in the fridge for 3-4 hours or overnight.
To Make the Ganache
- Place the chocolate in a large bowl.
- In a small pan over medium heat, bring the heavy cream to a boil.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Pour over the cheesecake allowing to drip down the sides and sprinkle with peanut butter cups.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve or enjoy immediately.
No-bake mini cheesecakes with raspberry sauce are the perfect desserts for a beautiful end to any meal. A great spring or summer dessert!