Are Rice Krispie Treats Gluten Free?
Even though Rice Krispies are made with rice, they are not gluten free.
Malt flavoring is one of the ingredients in Rice Krispies, and malt flavoring is made from barley, a grain with gluten.
Some gluten free brands do make gluten free crispy rice cereal.
How Long Will Rice Krispie Treats Keep?
You can store rice krispie treats in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 days.
Rice krispie treats can be frozen for up to 6 weeks.
Can Marshmallows Be Frozen?
You can store an unopened bag of marshmallows in the freezer for 3 months.
If the bag is opened, put it inside a heavy duty freezer bag and freeze.
Kandy Korn Rice Krispie Treats
- One bag of large marshmallows
- One cube of butter
- One bag (12 oz) of Kandy Korn
- 7 cups of Rice Krispies
- Spray a cookie sheet with PAM or coat a sheet of plastic wrap with PAM. The Kandy Korn makes the treats much more tacky than usual. It will stick to parchment or wax paper.
- Melt the butter in a large stock pot.
- Add the Kandy Korn and marshmallows.
- Stir until they are all dissolved.
- Pour 1/2 to 3/4 of the Rice Krispies.
- Slowly add the rest until you get the consistency you like. That ended up being around 7 cups for us (we usually only use 5, but the Kandy Korn adds more gooeyness).
- Press treats onto a pan to cool.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 0 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 0g