This Lemon Braised Artichokes Over Pasta was just starting to be tossed, as you can tell in the picture, when I snapped the picture which is why not everything is mixed in. This dish is hands down one of our new favorites. We went meatless on this occasion, but I think it would be really yummy to grill up some chicken, slice it thin and toss it with the pasta. Wouldn’t that be yummy? This dish was a recipe my husband wanted to try so one night we headed into the kitchen and whipped it up. It’s sooooo good. It’s light, but full of flavor.
This recipe was adapted by us, but feel free to head over to Food Network for the original recipe.
How Long Will Artichoke Dip Keep?
Artichoke dip will last for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
It should be kept in a covered container.
Can Artichoke Hearts Be Frozen?
Artichoke hearts can be frozen, and will keep indefinitely.
Artichoke hearts that have been frozen and thawed will be a little softer, and are more suited to sauces, soups and casseroles.
Are Artichokes Good For You?
The artichoke is a good source of folate, dietary fiber, and vitamins C and K.
Artichokes are also packed with antioxidants.
Lemon Braised Artichokes Over Pasta
For the Pasta
- 1 pound Angel Hair Pasta (or fettuccine, thin spaghetti etc)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano leaves
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups spinach, stemmed and washed
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Grated Parmesan, for serving
Lemon-Braised Artichoke Hearts:
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 ts dry thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Small pinch freshly ground pepper
- 1 Can Artichoke Hearts
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper in a medium nonreactive saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add artichoke hearts and turn down to a simmer.
- Cook for 10-15 min.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic.
- When garlic is golden, add the oregano and broth.
- Bring to a simmer, stir in the spinach to wilt.
- Add the artichokes.
- Drain the pasta and place in a serving bowl.
- Pour over the artichoke mixture and toss with the parsley and butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 3339 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 30.5mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 365.3g Fiber: 21.6g Sugar: 16.7g Protein: 68.6g