Last week the hubs and I celebrated our 4th anniversary. We drug it out for 4 days and this lemon, garlic and rosemary broiled chicken is one of the “anniversary” dinners I made. It was delicious!!! We served it along Garlic Mashed Potato Cakes and Asparagus.
Is Chicken Healthier Than Turkey?
Turkey is slightly leaner with fewer calories than chicken.
Both chicken and turkey are good lean proteins.
Is Lemon Water Good For Re-hydration?
Lemon water has many potential health benefits.
Lemon water is a natural diuretic which helps you detox.
Drinking water alone will keep you hydrated, but adding lemon will give your skin a glowing boost!
Drinking lemon water also promotes healthy kidneys, respiratory system, and cardiovascular system.
How Long Does It Take To Broil Chicken?
Chicken should be broiled for about 10 minutes on each side.
An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F.
Lemon, Garlic and Rosemary Broiled Chicken
- 6 Tablespoons Table Salt
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Quart Cold Water Place chicken, water , salt and sugar in a large Ziploc and let it sit in the fridge for 30 min to 1 hour.
- 5 Medium Cloves, pressed through a garlic press
- 2 Teaspoons Grated Lemon Zest and 1/4 Cup Juice from lemons
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Fresh Rosemary
- Ground Black Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Bone In Split Chicken Breasts
- Adjust the oven racks to the lowest position and the other about 5 inches below the top coil.
- Heat oven to Broil.
- Mix lemon zest, garlic, rosemary and pepper in a small bowl.
- Mix the lemon juice and oil in another bowl and set aside.
- Lift the skin on the chicken and rub the meat with spice mixture.
- Slice through the skin on the chicken diagonally.
- Line the bottom of a broiler pan with tin foil.
- Place top on and place chicken skin side down on the pan.
- Place in the oven on the bottom rack for about 12-16 min.
- Use tongs to turn the chicken skin side up.
- Pour the lemon and oil mixture over chicken and place back in the oven about 10 min or until an internal temperature of 160.
- Move the chicken to the top rack until browned, thin and crisp skinned. About 1 min.
Serving Size:1 recipe
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 1963 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 445.4mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 106.4g Fiber: 2.4g Sugar: 101.3g Protein: 145.9g