Light, lemon sugar cookies with a refreshing raspberry frosting. Raspberry lemonade in a cookie form.
There’s something about a pretty cookie. Even if it was super simple you can’t help but be a little proud of it. I will admit that the frosting does not get hard like a traditional sugar cookie frosting, but as long as you don’t need to stack the cookies it’s really no big deal. And it does harden a little bit, you just wouldn’t want to place them on top of each other. This cookie is the perfect treat for a a brunch, baby shower, etc. The flavor is just lovely and that frosting! I cannot express enough how much I looooove the frosting. It tastes like fresh raspberries. Even raspberry jam doesn’t bring out the same refreshing flavor.
Are Sugar Cookies Supposed to Be Hard?
Sugar cookies are supposed to be soft and chewy.
Over-baking sugar cookies will make them crisp and hard.
Can Sugar Cookie Dough Be Made Ahead?
Homemade sugar cookie dough can be made 3-5 days ahead.
Wrap well in plastic wrap and keep in the refrigerator until ready to bake.
Sugar cookie dough can also be frozen for up to 3 months.
How Do You Store Sugar Cookies?
Sugar cookies should be stored in an airtight container or a plastic storage bag.
Sugar cookies will keep for up to 3 weeks at room temperature.
Lemon Raspberry Sugar Cookies
Lemon Raspberry Sugar Cookies
- 1/2 Tablespoon Lemon Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Cups Butter, unsalted, softened
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 3/4 Cup White Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 Tablespoon Baking Soda
- 3/4 Tablespoon Cream Of Tartar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 5 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 6 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 6 oz Raspberries, smooshed
- 1/4 Teaspoon Almond extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
For the Cookies
- Heat the oven to 350
- In a large mixing bowl or kitchenaid, mix together the extracts, butter, sugars, and eggs until smooth.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- With the kitchenaid running, slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until smooth. The dough will seem crumbly, but you should be able to form a ball in your hands.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut circles into the dough and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool.
For the Frosting
- Combine 6 cups of the powdered sugar, butter, almond and vanilla extract.
- Mix until smooth.
- Stir in the raspberries.
- Frost each cooled cookie and serve immediately.
Doterra Lemon Cream Cheese Cookies
Raspberry Lemon Meringue Cookies
These look delicious and it pairs my two favorite things….lemon and raspberry!! Do you think I could use lemon juice if I don’t have lemon extract?? Can’t wait to make these. Love your site and recipes 🙂
Thanks! Making them now 🙂
OH! April you are right, I fixed it though!
The frosting recipe says 6 c. powdered sugar, but then the instructions only use 3 c… ?
These cookies look awesome – the perfect combination of sweet and tart!
Hi there, what a lovely sounding recipe! Do you think I could freeze the raw cookie dough for cooking later?
This comment has been removed by the author.
Looks like a cookie I would love!