One of the best healthy treats that we’ve had is Greek Frozen Yogurt. This Mango Frozen Yogurt was delicious and I didn’t feel guilty for eating more than two scoops, and it was so light and refreshing on a hot day.
It’s been so hot and dry here in Utah, and of course we are outside most of the day, everyday. I am all about getting the housework, blogging, errands, and meals done every day, but I am also keenly aware that summer is magical to kids and I want them to be making memories with friends and family that will last a lifetime.
We’ve really enjoyed going to the park during the evening and just relaxing as a family. We talk about life, read stories, play on the playground and enjoy a delicious snack or treat. This one was easily packed with ice around it and enjoyed one evening. The kids devoured it, and while the husband wasn’t really a fan (he’s more an ice cream fan or Red Mango fan) I definitely love it.
Is Mango Nutritious?
Mangos is packed with nutrients.
One cup of sliced mango supplies 25 percent of your daily Vitamin A requirement, which promotes good eyesight, prevents night blindness and dry eyes.
Mango also has high levels of Vitamin C and Vitamin A.
Is Frozen Yogurt Healthier Than Ice Cream?
Ounce for ounce, frozen yogurt has fewer calories and is lower in saturated fat than regular ice cream.
How Long Will Frozen Yogurt Keep?
Frozen yogurt will keep for up to 3 months in the freezer.
It should be kept covered to avoid freezer burn.
Mango Frozen Yogurt
Mango Frozen Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Plain 0% Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Mangoes Peeled and chopped
- In the bowl of a food processor add the the mango chunks and process until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process again, until all ingredients are mixed evenly.
- Chill until cold, about 30 minutes.
- Add the mixture to an ice cream maker and turn on.
- Serve immediately or place in an airtight container in the freezer if you prefer.