This meatloaf recipe has changed how I feel about meat loaf. My friend Alysun promised that if I’d give meatloaf one more shot she would give me the best recipe ever and now we are sharing it with all of you!
I HATED meatloaf growing up. Ew, I can still taste it. It was too grainy. That’s why I don’t love ground beef. It’s so weird in texture. This meatloaf is different. It’s so incredibly moist and the glaze… oh sweet deliciousness. It’s fantastic. Now, this was my first real attempt at a meatloaf so I obviously cooked it in too big a loaf pan so they are a little too flat, but now I know better.
Thanks Alysun for the recipe! We loved it!
Can You Make Meatloaf With Ground Turkey?
Ground turkey can be used in most recipes that call for ground beef.
You can actually make meat loaf with any ground meat.
Can You Freeze Cooked Meatloaf?
Meatloaf can be frozen either fully cooked and cooled or raw ready to bake.
To freeze wrap well in plastic and foil and freeze until ready to use.
Let both cooked and uncooked meatloaf thaw in the refrigerator before baking or reheating.
How Long Will Meatloaf Keep?
Meatloaf will keep for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
Meatloaf should be well wrapped or stored in an airtight container.
- 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 Cup minced yellow onion
- 1/4 Cup minced carrot
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 LB. ground beef
- 1 LB. ground pork
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 Tablespoon minced parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 Cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 Cup Brewed Coffee
- 1/4 Cup Bourbon *see note
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar
1/8 Cup soy sauce HEAT ABOVE IN SAUCE PAN UNTIL REDUCED BY HALF, then add:
- 1/4 Cup ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce After baking meatloaf 45 minutes, liberally brush glaze and bake another 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let stan 10 minutes before slicing.
- Heat pan with olive oil.
- Combine onion, carrot and garlic.
- Cook until tender.
- Mix remaining ingredients and bake for 45 minutes in a 325* oven.
- Heat brewed coffee, bourbon, brown sugar and soy sauce until reduced by half then add ketchup and Worcestershire sauce.
1/2 Cup water and 1 teaspoon vanilla can be used in place of the coffee and bourbon
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 517 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 134.8mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 18.4g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 9.7g Protein: 28.7g