Is Cinnamon Anti Inflammatory?
Cinnamon has Anti-Inflammatory properties.
Cinnamon helps your body fight infections and repair tissue damage.
The antioxidants in cinnamon have anti-inflammatory effects, which may help lower your risk of disease.
Will Cinnamon Cause Heartburn?
Cinnamon can cause heartburn.
How Long Will Cookies Keep?
Cookies, when stored properly will keep for 2-3 weeks at room temperature.
Soft cookies should be stored in an airtight container.
Crisp cookies should be stored in a container with a loose fitting lid.
Mexican Chocolate Cookies
- 1 1/2 Cups Margarine (half butter half shortening works too)
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Dry Cocoa
- 3 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Cream margarine and sugar together in the bowl of a mixer on medium speed.
- Add eggs and beat until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients and beat well.
- Chill dough for several hours. (I've skipped this and while it is stickier to work with the cookies will turn out fine)
- Roll into balls and then into a bowl of sugar.
- Bake at 375 for 9-10 minutes.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 5740 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 319.9mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 763.7g Fiber: 29.1g Sugar: 401.5g Protein: 65.1g