The other day I was in the grocery store and happened to see that Milky Way candy bars were on sale and I had a couple coupons so I decided to grab some. Then, walking down the cereal isle I noticed that Rice Krispies were also on sale with coupon meaning that for 3 candy bars and a family sized box of cereal I only spent $0.60! Great deal! I never buy candy bars or Rice Krispies, but I suddenly thought, “Hmmm, I bet I could make candy bar treats.” And, it worked! They had that hint of Milky Way which was so yummy. Plus our little girl thought they were so yummy and it’s always fun when your little one gets excited. We made a small batch of these Milky Way Krispies, but it could easily be doubled.
Next time we were thinking of melting chocolate chips over the top so it looks like a candy bar. Let me know if you try it. YUM!
How Long Will Rice Krispie Treats Keep?
Rice Krispie Treats will stay fresh for about 2 days.
Place them in a zip lock storage bag, and remove all the air for best storage.
Are Rice Krispies Gluten Free?
While rice is naturally gluten free, rice krispies contain malt flavoring.
Malt contains gluten, therefore, Rice Krispies are not gluten free.
Milky Way Krispies
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Milky Way Krispies
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Corn Syrup
- 1 1/3 Cup Nutella
- 4 1/2 Cup Rice Krispies Cereal
- 3 Candy Bars chopped
- 1 Pinch Salt
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat, melt the sugar, corn syrup, and Nutella until smooth and evenly combined.
- Remove from heat. Quickly add the salt and cereal and stir to combine thoroughly.
- Wait about 1 min and add the candy, quickly folding the mixture together so as to not smash up the candy.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and drop rounded tablespoons onto the sheet.Let cool and devour!