Howdy! My name is Tam, and this is my first time doing a little post on this blog, hope you’ll like these Mini Meatballs with Rice. I am so very excited and have built up a little arsenal of recipes to post, and luckily they are all edible and pretty delicious. It’s great because these can be made ahead of time and frozen for up to three months, and they can cook right from the freezer. So here goes:
Can Cooked Meatballs Be Frozen?
Meatballs can be assembled, rolled into balls and frozen before cooking.
Lay meatballs on a cookie sheet, in a single layer, not touching.
Freeze for a couple of hours and then transfer to a freezer bag.
Is Rice Gluten Free?
Yes, all rice is gluten-free.
Gluten comes from proteins found in wheat, rye, barley, and other grains.
Can You Substitute Quinoa For Rice?
Quinoa is a good substitute for rice.
Quinoa is similar in appearance and texture to rice.
Quinoa is gluten-free, high in protein.
Quinoa is lower in calories and 15 times lower in carbohydrates than rice.
Mini Meatballs with Rice
Recipe adapted from Everyday Foods
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 2 slices bacon, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 garlic gloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated (I accidentally bought mozzarella and it was a tasty substitute)
- 1 tablespoon plain dried breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- course salt and ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, bacon, parsley, garlic, Parmesan, breadcrumbs, egg, nutmeg and salt and pepper.
- Shape mixture into balls (about 40).
- Place meatballs on baking sheet and bake until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
A little tip: to create uniform balls scoop out meat with a teaspoon, using two scoops for each meatball, then roll between your palms to shape into balls.*To freeze meatballs, place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Freeze 1 hour. Once frozen, transfer to an airtight container or plastic bag.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 1372 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 546.7mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 24.3g Fiber: 1.9g Sugar: 2.1g Protein: 123.7g