Every fourth of July everyone pulls out the red, white, and blue delicousness and celebrates the freedom that our country enjoys because of those who came before us. I personally love it. I love our country, I love how patriotic everything becomes, I love the celebration, friends, family and I love the food. I especially love these strawberry shortcake donuts, Miss Shortcake donut from Gordough’s Donuts in Texas as a matter of fact. And you could totally throw on some blueberries and BAM! you’ve got yourself the star of any BBQ. Add on this fried chicken and honey butter donut or any of the others from our Gordough’s Donuts Copycat Roundup and you just became more than a star, you just became the King or Queen of the 4th of July. (Someone should seriously make you a crown, not me though. I don’t craft)
Gosh, this thing is so crazy delicious. A big, fluffy, glazed donut, creamy, luscious cream cheese frosting that’s so thick you’ll want to rub it all over, and plump, juicy strawberries piled all the way to heaven. Mercy. “Have Mercy”
Sorry, sometimes Full House just slips out of me. I used to LOVE, L-O-V-E, LOVE that show. Oh my gosh I thought it was cool. Not only Full House, but all of T.G.I.F. Everyone watched it on Friday night. And don’t try to tell me you didn’t have a pair of overalls like Stephanie’s or an awesome scruncie. We totally used to wear them in our hair and just around our wrist to be cool. And boy was I… no, no I actually I was the opposite of cool. Yeah, those were not my favorite years. I was definitely a dork. And you know what? I actually hope my girls are little bit dorky too. It made me a better person. What about you? I’d love to hear about your favorite shows growing up, and if you were the dork, jock or popular kid.
Can Cream Cheese Frosting Be Frozen?
Cream cheese frosting is ideal for freezing.
Place it in an airtight container or even a freezer bag and freeze.
Cream cheese frosting will keep for 3 months in the freezer.
How Can I Store Strawberries Without Them Molding?
Remove the berries from their original container, and store them whole and unwashed in a partially-closed container lined with paper towels to absorb any excess moisture.
They should last up to five to seven days.
Do Strawberries Contain Vitamin C?
Strawberries are a good source of Vitamin C
About 5 large strawberries will provide about 98% of your daily requirement for Vitamin C.
Miss Shortcake-Gordough’s Donuts
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Miss Shortcake-Gordough's Donuts
- 1 Can Pillsbury Flaky Layers Biscuits
- Canola Oil for frying
- Strawberries chopped
For the Glaze
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 Package Cream Cheese 8oz, softened
- 1 1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1-2 Tablespoons Milk
- In a large dutch oven or pot fill 1/3 full of oil and heat to medium heat.
- Open the biscuits, pulling apart each section, and cut out the center donut hole.
- Once the oil is hot, get close to the oil and drop in the donut, being careful not to splash or burn your hand.
- Continuously turn the donut using a spider or skewer until lightly golden brown.
- Remove to a paper towel and then drop in the glaze.
- Turn the donut over in the glaze and then using a skewer, thread it through the middle and hang either end across the bowl.
- Once the glaze has dried top with frosting and loads of strawberries.
For the glaze
- In a bowl, whisk together the milk, heavy cream and powdered sugar.
- Set aside.
For the frosting
- In a bowl, using a handheld mixer beat the cream cheese until smooth, add the powdered sugar, milk, vanilla and a pinch of salt.