There’s just something about dessert that makes me get all excited. Friends are coming over, hooray! Friends are coming over for dessert, bust out the marching band and parade! Our Mudslide Blondies or Hershey’s chocolate chip blondies are perfect for hanging out with friends and family. Isn’t food just so much better when you share it with someone else? Unless it’s a little chocolate bar and your children are involved. Or these cookies and cream brownies. I devour those.
Let’s be honest, sometimes there’s nothing in the world that sounds better than a quiet house, awesome tv show and a little special treat for you. The other night we had plans to put the kids to bed and watch a movie with warm blondies and ice cream. Doesn’t that sound perfect? Until we headed to redbox and couldn’t find a single thing. And Netflix was a bummer too. In fact, if you follow me on instagram you may have even noticed that I asked what you like to watch on Netflix just to still move forward with our plan.
And do you know what we ended up watching? Cosmos. Haha, not at all what you all recommended but it was fascinating! Space actually creeps me out a little, but not for the reason you may think. It’s not that I’m afraid of martians, but it’s the whole heights thing. Gosh, it would be so creepy to be floating around out there!
Wait, I got off subject. We aren’t talking about floating through space but instead about the beauty of space. In fact, this is one of those times I think science actually does point to a God instead of trying to disprove His existence. It was cool to learn that science agrees with the creation story in Genesis. Everything happened in an order. Can you believe that just in our galaxy there are 8.8 BILLION worlds that are habitable?! That’s nuts! Um yes, I’m going to go ahead and agree with the scripture that God creates worlds without number. You can read it here. I actually love this entire chapter. I love whenever God calls someone his “Son”. Such a lovely reminder that He is there and mindful of us.
Anyway, that movie you guys, space is awesome. Like, for real.
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup White sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Large eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Package Chocolate Chips (semi sweet works well with the hershey’s bars)
- 2 Packages Large Hershey’s Bars
- Grease a 9×13″ Baking pan
- Mix melted butter with brown sugar and white sugar until smooth.
- Beat in eggs and then vanilla.
- Add salt and flour in a small bowl.
- Add to the wet mixture and then add chocolate chips.
- Pour half of the batter into prepared pan and lay the unwrapped chocolate bars on top.
- Flatten pieces of the dough in your hand and place on top of the chocolate until the entire pan is covered.
- Bake at 350°F 20-25 minutes, or until set in the middle, tenting with foil the last 10 minutes.
Yield: 12-15 servings, Serving Size: 1
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 361 Calories
- Total Fat: 18.2g
- Cholesterol: 59.6mg
- Carbohydrates: 47.4g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Sugar: 33.1g
- Protein: 3.6g
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.