Everyone assigned to pie this Thanksgiving is panicking and we are here to help. Ok, maybe not all of you but enough have emailed that we know pie can be intimidating and you’re all looking for some easy no-bake recipes, so Cade and I set out to test a bunch of recipes for you. Our favorite ended up being the one that we didn’t expect so hopefully I’ll get around to snapping new pictures but in the meantime, here’s a no bake snickers caramel apple pie.
And if this one doesn’t suit your fancy, we’ve listed gobs of pie recipes at the bottom of the post so just scroll down.
This pie can use a homemade graham cracker crust or a store bought. It doesn’t matter to us and we tested in both. Obviously homemade was our personal favorite, but in a pinch there’s nothing wrong with a shortcut. We just whipped together some softened cream cheese with fresh whipped cream though again, you could totally use cool whip if you need to. And don’t worry, we made it a day in advance and everything was fine. We just waited to put the candy and apple toppings on until serving. Enjoy!
Can Graham Cracker Crust Be Frozen?
Yes, graham cracker crust can be stored in the freezer until you are ready to use it.
What Apples Are Best for Apple Pie?
The best apples for baking in pies or crisps are firm-tart and firm-sweet varieties.
The most familiar firm-tart apples are granny smith.
Firm-sweet varieties include ginger gold, golden delicious, jonagold, and pink lady.
No Bake Snickers Caramel Apple Pie
- 1 Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Small Apples, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 2 Cups Snickers, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 2 Tablespoons Caramel Sauce, plus more for garnish
- Chocolate Sauce for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream until peaks begin to form.
- Add the powdered sugar and beat until peaks are formed.
- Set aside.
- In a standing mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add 2 1/2-3 Cups of Whipped Cream and mix until smooth.
- Add in the apples and candy bars and pour into the pie crust.
- Refrigerate for two hours or up to overnight.
- Top with candy bar pieces, apples, caramel sauce and chocolate sauce.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 496 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 94.2mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 41.9g Fiber: 1.7g Sugar: 24.7g Protein: 5g