It’s all in one pot and it’s comfort food to the max! Our kids go crazy for this quick and easy one pot lasagna pasta with a side of garlic bread for dipping!
Remember that picture I posted on instagram a while back about the one pot lasagna pasta recipe I had created for, Beef It’s What’s For Dinner? Well your response was amazing and so supportive I just couldn’t wait to get the recipe up here for all of you to try! Boy, this was the most nerve racking recipe I’ve ever created. I wanted it perfect, especially because I knew they would be testing it to make sure it’s perfect for all of you. So of course we busted out the best and used our Le Creuset pot. Boom!
I was asked to create a recipe that was easy to make, involved veggies, grains and beef and could be prepared quickly with few ingredients so obviously I was totally on board. Isn’t that the type of recipe we all love? And then Cade, being the genius that he is said, let’s make something that’s just in one pot so we don’t have to wash a gazillion dishes. Oh, heck yes!
We shot a few ideas around but one night when preparing dinner the idea came to me, one pot lasagna pasta! It’s hearty, cheesy and it can all be made in one pot. Boom!! Recipe testing quickly began and the first go was perfect! Which was fantastic because the more we tested the more we realized that this meal just totally works. No need to fuss about mistakes, it works every time!
Of course if you find the pasta in the sauce isn’t your thing you can always cook it separate and then toss it in at the last minute. But we love it all cooked together plus the pasta really takes on the flavor of the sauce. And make sure you use fresh ricotta and a good Mozzarella. It really does make all the difference. In fact that’s why many of your Italian dishes don’t look like the restaurant, because the mozzarella wasn’t as good. And I’m happy to report that the Beef Checkoff came back that they loved the recipe! You can see it on their site HERE.
One Pot Lasagna Pasta
One Pot Lasagna Pasta
- 1 pound Ground Beef 93% lean or leaner
- 1 medium zucchini chopped (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 onion chopped fine
- 1 red bell pepper chopped fine
- 1 green bell pepper chopped fine
- 1 jar 24 to 26 ounces garden-style pasta sauce or [url:2]our homemade[/url]
- 2 cups water
- 6 ounces uncooked mini bow tie farfalle pasta (about 2-1/8 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 Cup Bel Gioioso ricotta cheese
- 1-2 cups Mozzarella Cheese sliced
- Thinly sliced or chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat ovenproof 5 to 6-quart Dutch oven or stockpot (we prefer Le Creuset) over medium heat until hot.
- Add Ground Beef, garlic, onion zucchini, and peppers; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking beef into small crumbles and stirring occasionally.
- Stir in pasta sauce, water and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in pasta.
- Spoon heaping teaspoons ricotta cheese over top of sauce.
- Slightly swirl ricotta into sauce, not mixing in completely.
- Cover with foil and bake in 375°F oven 10 minutes.
- Uncover. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 7 to 10 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with basil before serving.