My family generally has Sticky Buns on Christmas morning. It’s a very delicious way to start the morning and the best part is that you can prep everything the night before, just like the recipe for orange bubble loaf. But even better than the early prep is how crazy the kiddos go for an Oreo Monkey bread (or dessert because let’s be honest it totally is).
Before I get on with everything. I just wanted to take a moment to share the link to my little segment on KSL the other day. Don’t laugh.
Christmas mornings were always extremely early at our house. Us kids woke up anywhere between 3-5:30 to run downstairs and see what Santa had brought. We each dug in our stockings and then checked under the tree. Then we scampered back up to bed for an hour or so until we made our parents get up. Gosh, we thought we were so tricky. Now I think my parents were saints for never getting mad at us for being up so early. I even remember one year that there was quite the confusion about who got what from Santa. OOOOPS! It seems that “Santa” had done so well he’d gotten one kid something that the other wanted too! The rest of the day was spent napping, snacking, and playing with our new toys.
This year we are headed to Rexburg, Idaho where my parent just moved to (goodbye Vancouver, Washington forever). My siblings and I have not all been together for Christmas since before I even had a little family and I’m super excited! The cousins will get to play in the snow together, drink hot cocoa, and we all will get to be with everyone we love. (Please send prayers for no drama! ha! jk. Kinda.)
I’d love to know how your Christmas mornings went. It’s so fun to find out how we each celebrated such a fun holiday. I especially am dying to hear about the other holidays like Hanukkah, and Kwanza. In fact, I think we should have some type of traditions swap next year and learn about each other’s holidays and traditions.
How Long Will Frozen Dough Keep?
You can keep frozen dough for up to 4 months.
It should be well wrapped and stored in a heavy duty freezer bag.
Does Monkey Bread Have to be Baked in a Bundt Pan?
You can bake monkey bread in a regular pan, but the baking time may need to be increased to make sure the center is done.
Or, you can use a deep round baking dish and place an empty can in the center to make a ring like a bundt pan.
How Do You Tell When Monkey Bread Is Done?
Monkey bread should be baked to a golden brown color.
To tell when the monkey bread is done, gently tap the top surface.
If it stays firm and the tapping sound is hollow, the bread is done.
Oreo Monkey Bread
Oreo Monkey Bread
- 18 Dinner Rolls, Rhodes, Frozen
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Melted
- 3 1/2 oz Pudding Mix, 1 small box, Oreo
- 2/3 Cup Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a bundt pan with nonstick spray.
- Place all of the dough, in staggered formation inside of the pan.
- Sprinkle the pudding mix all over the rolls and then drizzle the butter over the top of that.
- Meanwhile, mix the cream cheese, sugar and milk until smooth.
- Drizzle or dollop over the rolls, leaving a little in the dish to lightly drizzle over the top after baking.
- Cover with saran wrap and let rise for 4 hours or overnight in the fridge.
- If you place them in the fridge, allow them to come to room temp for an hour or two before baking.
- Bake for 20-25 at 350 and turn out, upside down onto a platter.