Thanks for the recipe Ina Garten! These oven baked pancakes are so delicious!
Can Pancake Batter Be Made Ahead?
You can make pancake batter ahead of time, even the night before.
Pancake batter should be stored in a container with a tight fitting lid, such as a glass jar.
Pancake batter must be stored in the refrigerator.
Baking powder may lose some of its potency, so you may want to sprinkle in a little more just before cooking the pancakes.
Take the batter from the frig and let it warm up a little, then stir in a little baking powder and cook those pancakes!
Can You Freeze Pancakes?
Freeze pancakes in a stack, separated with parchment paper or paper towels.
Place the stack of pancakes in a heavy duty freezer bag.
Freeze pancakes for up to 3 months.
When Do You Flip Pancakes?
Pancakes will form bubbles on the surface as they cooks.
You should flip the pancake over when those bubbles pop and form holes that stay open on the surface of the pancake.
Oven Baked Pancakes
Oven Baked Pancakes
Recipe Adapted from Ina Garten
- 1 cup raspberries, of EACH, blueberries, blackberries (you can use strawberries too)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, plus 4 teaspoons for the dishes
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup milk, we used skim
- ½ cup flour, all purpose
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated, Ina uses orange
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Powdered sugar for garnish, and syrup if you wish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine berries and sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place 4 (6 to 7 inch) individual gratin dishes on a baking sheet.
- Place 1 teaspoon of butter in each gratin dish and set aside.
- Place the eggs in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and beat on medium speed until combined.
- Add the milk and mix.
- Slowly add the flour, vanilla, lemon zest, 2 tablespoons of melted butter, and the salt and mix just until smooth.
- Whisk by hand if the batter is still lumpy.
- Place the gratin dishes in the oven for three minutes, until the butter is hot and bubbly. Make sure the butter covers the bottom of each dish.
- Divide the batter equally among the four dishes and bake 12-14 minutes, until puffed and lightly browned.