Parmesan bread is the perfect solution when you’re looking for something that packs a lot of flavor to go with your meal. I think it’s easy to post main dishes and desserts, but I think it’s nice to post side dishes every now and again. While this isn’t a true side it’s nice to have a yummy bread with some dishes.
This parmesan bread is so simple that as I was making it I worried that it wouldn’t be good. Instead it turned out delicious!! I love it when bread has crispy edges and all squishy and buttery in the middle. It’s perfect to whip up alongside lasagna etc.
What Spices Are In Italian Seasoning?
Italian seasoning includes these spices:
Dried oregano, dried marjoram, dried thyme, dried basil, dried rosemary, and dried sage.
What Cheese Can You Substitute For Parmesan?
Parmesan is a hard cheese that is made from cow’s milk.
The best substitute for parmesan cheese is Grana Padano.
This cheese is also made from cow’s milk, but sweeter and creamier, and has a slightly nutty flavor to it.
Is Italian Bread The Same As French Bread?
French and Italian breads are made with the same ingredients.
There is one main difference between the two.
French bread does not have oil.
Both Italian and French bread can have a crisp crust, but the crumb of Italian bread is denser.
- 1 loaf bread Italian, we make our own, but you could certainly buy one
- 1/2 Cup butter Unsalted, softened
- 1/3 Cup cheese Fresh grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Mix the butter and other ingredients together and spread over the bread.
- Place under the broiler on the middle rack so that it can get crunchy and yummy, but it will be low enough to have time to heat all the way through.