It’s late and when I first wrote the title of this post I wrote, “Peach Melba Bras”. Bras. Bras, bars, bras, bars. It gets confusing when you’re tired. But I have no choice, I must get these Peach Melba Bars into a post immediately. They’re just too good to not share. We are big, huge, gargantuan fans of graham cracker crust over here. Especially me. I honestly love it so much that I’ll purposefully dump a little extra of everything so I can nibble on the excess. I do it with our favorite blackberry lime bars, raspberry lemon bars, and key lime bars. It’s just plain delicious.
Anyway, we clearly aren’t talking bras here, and thank goodness for that because who knows if I’m even wearing the right size. I definitely hate taking the time to go get measured. Ok, getting off track again. So, years ago we lived in Vegas for a summer. Well, Henderson but that’s pretty much Vegas since they are so close. It was the hottest summer of our entire lives. It was also a summer of really, really delicious food. Like, fo’ real. Our friends taught us how to make these killer buttery, cheesy potato bites, we perfected our fried chicken, and we ate a lot of grilled peaches with raspberry sauce. Oh. My. Sweet. Deliciousness.
And then we moved to Utah, a state that has delicious peaches, and somehow I totally forgot about peach melbas. I know, it’s shocking that anyone could forget that, but I think all of that crazy heat did us in. Really. I’ve never lived anywhere so hot and it was dusty and windy too! At night we would go to bed at midnight and it would still be 104 out. Good mercy. We literally lived at the pool. Ok, that part wasn’t so bad. But, the heat really did get old and I think we must have lost a few brain cells. This summer I finally remembered that divine dessert and I quickly whipped up a creamy dessert that would make anyone swoon.
What Is Peach Melba?
Peach Melba is a dessert of peaches and raspberry sauce with vanilla ice cream.
What Are The Best Peaches For Cooking?
Yellow, freestone peaches have the richest “peachy” flavor and hold up best when cooked.
How Do You Ripen A Peach After It Is Picked?
The fastest way to ripen a peach is to place it in a paper bag.
Keep the paper bag of peaches in a dry area at room temperature.
Peach Melba Bars
Peach Melba Bars
- 1/2 Cup Peach Pureed, remove skins and pit of 2 peaches and puree
- 1/2 Teaspoon lemon juice
- 14.5 oz. Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 Egg yolks
- 2 Cups Raspberries
Graham Cracker Crust
- 3/4 Cup Butter melted
- 1 1/3 Cup Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl, add the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, salt and butter.
- Stir until moistened like wet sand and press into an 8x9" baking pan, coming up a little around the edges.
- Bake at 350 for 8 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, peach puree and egg yolks.
- Fold in the raspberries and set aside.
- Remove the crust from the oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Pour the filling in and spread evenly over the crust.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes and then cool for 15 minutes before placing in the fridge to finish chilling.
- Serve with fresh whipped cream.