Remember Kudos bars?! Oh my gosh, if I got a Kudos in my lunch as a kid I felt like it was the best day ever! I ate it slowly, savoring every little bite, but then suddenly it would all be gone! I remember thinking, “darnit! It’s gone already?!!” But not anymore because we made peanut butter m&m kudos copycat and I cannot wait for you all to make them!
I’ll keep it short as I know you really just want the recipe, but I’m just going to throw it out there that I’m totally crossing my fingers that you like these because I now have a gazillion more ideas for Kudos recipes! Seriously, I am just bursting with ideas and I am going to try to keep it all under control so I don’t overwhelm you.
My only advice about this recipe is please, please place wax paper in the dish before laying down the chocolate and bars so that you can easily remove them. I had a friend over while I was making mine and good golly was it annoying trying to get them out of the pan without the wax paper. I was putting some pretty major muscle into it! Now, hurry off to make these and report back to me!
Are Rice Krispies Gluten Free?
Rice is naturally gluten free, but, Rice Krispies are made with malt syrup, derived from barley, which contains gluten.
Rice Krispies are not gluten free because of the malt syrup that is in the ingredients.
Is Peanut Butter Good For You?
Peanut butter contains monounsaturated fat (good fat) and has many powerful vitamins, fibre and protein.
Peanut Butter M&M Kudos Copycat
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup karo syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup peanut butter, smooth
- 2 1/2 cups rice krispies
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup mini m&ms
- 2 ounces milk chocolate candy coating plus extra for drizzle.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, stir together the brown sugar, butter, honey (or karo) and peanut butter.
- Cook until evenly combined and smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add vanilla, stirring in.
- Pour over the rice krispies in a large bowl and stir until evenly coated.
- Spread into a greased 8x9" baking dish and sprinkle with mini m&m's, pressing them into the bars gently, chill for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Remove from the dish and place wax paper into the bottom.
- Melt the chocolate down and pour into the dish.
- Spread evenly and place the bars on top and chill again until chocolate is hardened.
- Remove from the dish, cut into bars and drizzle with remaining chocolate.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 272 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 18.1mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 34.2g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 24.8g Protein: 3.3g