This peppered turkey pesto panini may look pretty unassuming but believe me, one bite and you’ll never be able to go back to a regular old turkey sammy ever again! If you are new to the panini world not only have you been missing out, but we welcome you! If you’ve never tried one this turkey pesto panini certainly MUST make the list. You seriously don’t know what you’d be missing. A nice crunchy bread and all the right ingredients make this a sandwich you will certainly never forget.The key to this sandwich is really the ingredients. A juicy fresh tomato, delicious peppered turkey, your favorite cheese (we used mozarella) and a smear of flavorful pesto become the perfect combination for our perfectly delicious turkey pesto panini. Don’t be afraid to load this baby up, you definitely will want full flavor in every bite and believe me, you won’t even miss the mayo on this one. Bite after bite the pesto will begin to help you forget your old buddy Mr. Mayo. There will be no turning back. If for some reason you are wishing for a little extra something, using flavored olive oils on your grill prior to cooking is another great way to really amp up the flavor. Not like you’ll need it with this one though!
Is Turkey Sandwich Healthy?
It all depends on what you put on the sandwich.
Turkey is low in fat and high in protein, making it a healthier meat than some other choices.
If you choose a low calorie bread and lots of vegetables, a turkey sandwich can be a very healthy meal.
Can Cooked Turkey Be Frozen?
Turkey that is sealed airtight in cling film or a freezer bag can be frozen for up to four months.
Is Pesto Good For You?
Pesto is made from healthy herbs and contains unsaturated fat.
Because of the health benefits in the ingredients that make up pesto, pesto is a healthy sauce.
Peppered Turkey Pesto Panini
For the Sandwich
- Peppered Turkey, fresh cut from the deli
- 1 Ripe Tomato
- Crusty, Garlic Loaf (or any Italian bread)
- olive oil
For the Pesto
- 1 Cup Fresh Basil
- 1/3 Cup Toasted Pine nuts
- 1 Clove of garlic, minced
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parmesan, grated
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
For the Pesto
- Place the basil, pine nuts, and garlic in a food processor and pulse until everything is chopped evenly.
- Add parm and sprinkle a little salt and pepper.
- Drizzle in the olive oil while the processor is on until you reach a smooth consistency.
- Spread the pesto over the bread and layer tomatoes, cheese and meat.
- Place the top piece of bread on the sandwich and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place in a panini grill or on a skillet with another heavy pan on the top of the bread.
- Cook until melty!
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 0 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 0g