Our daughters make one recipe a week for dinner and these Pepperoni Pizza Crescent Rolls are our youngest daughter’s creation. She couldn’t wait to share!
The Inspiration for This Stuffed Crescent Rolls Recipe
I’m sitting here watching the Blind Side, remember that movie? I haven’t seen it in years. In fact, the last and only time I’ve seen the recipe is when I was in the hospital fighting to survive. It’s brought back a lot of memories sitting here, listening, watching, writing about pizza crescent rolls.
Ok, the writing about pepperoni pizza stuffed crescent rolls definitely didn’t happen, but it is this time and it’s all thanks to the little girl who I was desperately trying to live for in order to bring her into the world.
Time has flown by too quickly, hasn’t it? I remember wanting and wishing for college and growing up, unable to see life around me. Later I was excited to be in love, married and waiting on little ones to join our family. I had no idea that my body would work against me having children in a horrible way.
When I was pregnant with our first I got incredibly sick and couldn’t figure out what to do to keep things under control. Everyone had all of the answers…
- Eat a little cracker before you ever even sit up in bed and you won’t throw up.
- Chew mint gum, it will help with the nausea.
- If you sleep more and take a walk outside in the cold air, your body will handle the nausea more.
UGH!! It’s not true! Maybe for someone. Not me.
We wrote an entire post about Hyperemesis Gravidarum. We wanted the chance to explain what I was really going through and, more importantly, to help others be educated in what they might be suffering from and to know that they aren’t alone.
Our second pregnancy was the absolute worst. I was in and out, in and out of the hospital over and over again. On one particular stay towards the end of the pregnancy I was so physically, mentally and emotionally exhausted.
When you’re that sick you can’t stand noise, movement, reading, breathing, eating and on and on. Every sensory thing you could think of only makes you sicker. Because of that you spend a lot of time staring at the walls. Not sleeping, because on top of being sick I developed insomnia as well. There was no release.
But one night, out of nowhere I felt like I could attempt TV. I turned it on and The Blind Side was on. I made it off and on through most of the movie that night. It sounds silly to say, but it felt like a great tender mercy.
Can you imagine staring at the wall every day, all day and all night for 9 months? It makes you feel crazy because not only are you literally bored out of your mind but you’re also so depressed and sick.
I know, what does this have to do with pepperoni pizza stuffed pizza rolls?
Not much, but also everything.
Our second daughter — the one who I was pregnant with when I had that tender mercy — she’s the one who created this recipe. I found her recording her own video and decided to help her out.
I held the phone and she totally made her own little video!
How is our little miracle baby old enough to do something like that?! I think it’s pretty darn good for her first video, especially at 8 years old!
Pizza Crescent Rolls Ingredients
As you can see, you make the pizza crescent rolls by using just a few ingredients:
- Crescent Roll Dough
- String Cheese
- Garlic Seasoning
- Homemade Pizza Sauce for dipping (and I highly recommend you make our homemade version)
How to Make Pizza Crescent Rolls
These pepperoni crescent rolls make a great after-school snack or quick and easy appetizer! Here’s how they’re made:
- Unfold the crescent dough triangles and pat down.
- Place three pepperoni slices on top of each triangle, then top with half a stick of string cheese.
- Roll up the triangle and pinch the edges shut.
- Bake until golden.
- Enjoy warm (don’t forget to dunk into pizza sauce!).
Can I Use Shredded or Sliced Mozzarella?
Yes! Please use any kind of mozzarella cheese that you’d like, but string cheese stays the most cheesy and stretchy in the pepperoni pizza stuffed crescent roll.
Can I Skip the Garlic Seasoning?
You don’t have to do the butter or the garlic seasoning. Or if you’d like to try a different version you could always do parmesan cheese sprinkled on top!
Can I Use Different Fillings?
I’m sure you could! We love eating these as pepperoni crescent rolls, but I bet you could omit the pepperoni and add extra cheese or different pizza toppings altogether. If using veggies, I recommend sautéing them in a skillet until softened otherwise I worry that they’d never cook through in the oven.
Can I Make These Stuffed Crescent Rolls Gluten-Free?
Yep! To do so, purchase certified gluten-free crescent roll dough.
Tips for Making Pizza Crescent Rolls
- I recommend warming up the pizza sauce in the microwave before serving these stuffed crescent rolls.
- We kept these pepperoni crescent rolls super simple, but you could also try adding a small spoonful of pesto before rolling them up!
- Be sure to pinch the edges of the crescent rolls shut so the cheese doesn’t ooze out in the oven.
More Easy Pizza Recipes:
- Perfect Pepperoni Pizza
- Little Italy Homemade Pizza
- Pulled Pork and Sweet Corn Pizza
- Breakfast Fruit Pizza
- Pepperoni Pizza Bagel Bites
- Elote Mexican Corn Pizza
- Pizza Potato Skins
- Pesto Pepperoni and Sausage Pizza
- Pepperoni Pizza Dip
Preorder our new book!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Pepperoni Pizza Stuffed Crescent Rolls
- 1 Package Crescent Rolls (8 ounces)
- 4 String Cheese
- 24 Pepperoni Slices
- 1 Tablespoon Butter , melted
- 1-2 Teaspoons Garlic Seasoning
- Pizza Sauce , for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Pat out each crescent roll triangle.
- Place three pepperonis on top of each triangle.
- Place half of a string cheese on top of the pepperoni.
- Roll everything tightly together and pinch the ends closed.
- If desired, roll in melted butter and then the garlic seasoning powder.
- Put the pizza rolls on a baking sheet and bake for 10-14 minutes, or until golden and cheesy.
- Serve with pizza sauce.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO our FREE Oh Sweet Basil NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY!
When you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #ohsweetbasil on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in our stories! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES.