I have been so excited to share this recipe! Ya know how you sometimes are making one thing and suddenly you get the brilliant idea to start experimenting? Well, that totally happened to me when I was making our fool proof angel food cake and our secrets to the BEST strawberry shortcake. Pineapple Dream Cake only has that name because I was totally daydreaming and the idea popped into my head, but it really does taste like a dream. A dang good one too.
Here’s what happened, I was spreading the whipped cream on top of the angel food and getting ready to add strawberries all while listening/watching this lovely music video by Brooke White that I’m totally loving right now. And I’m pretty sure she would be all over this dessert. Or maybe not, she’s probably gluten free. I’m pretty sure everyone but our family is gluten free. Dangit! Anyway, the colors totally made my mind hop to pineapple and then to our cheesecake berry salad and suddenly, a stroke of genius!
I just had to combine the two as the topping, right?! It was meant to be and oh my gosh, I hardly even eat pineapple but my gosh it is good!!!
Anyway, have you seen this musical video? It has touched my heart so much. Days can be long and hard, but there’s joy to be found when we remember who we are and who those around us, especially our sweet children are. I’m certainly trying to see them with their true potential more and more. And I would love to hear what you all felt and got out of the video. Leave your comments or email me. I hope it touches you like it did me. And a huge thanks to the darling Brooke for sharing such a lovely talent.
Will Pineapple Ripen After It Is Picked?
Pineapple will not ripen once it has been picked.
The sweetness in a pineapple comes from the starch in the stem.
Once it has been cut, it will not sweeten or ripen any farther.
Why Does Pineapple Hurt My Tongue?
The reason pineapple hurts or burns your tongue is not always due to allergies.
Bromelain, the main enzyme in pineapple breaks down proteins, and can cause that burning sensation on your tongue and the roof of your mouth.
Can Angel Food Cake Be Frozen?
Homemade and store-bought angel food cake freezes quite well.
Just wrap well in foil or plastic wrap and place in the freezer.
It will keep 4-6 months.
Pineapple Dream Cake
Pineapple Dream Cake
- Angel Food Cake, store bought or click HERE for our best recipe
- One 3.4 Ounce Package Cook and Serve Cheesecake or Vanilla Pudding-just the powder
- 3 Cups Fresh Whipped Cream or Cool Whip
- 1 8 Ounce Container Lemon Yogurt
- 1 8 Ounce can Crushed Pineapple, most of the juice drained
- 3 Cups Strawberries, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- In a small bowl, add half of the strawberries and smash with a fork or pastry cutter, leaving large and small chunks.
- Stir in the remaining strawberries and sugar.
- Set aside for 20-30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, stir together the pudding powder, yogurt, whipped cream, and pineapple.
- Place the angel food cake on a large platter or cake plate.
- Add all of the pineapple whip on top of the cake and then add the strawberries.
Yield: 6-8 servings, Serving Size: 1
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 271 Calories
- Total Fat: 9.2g
- Cholesterol: 27.4mg
- Carbohydrates: 43.9g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Sugar: 15.2g
- Protein: 5.4g