I wanted a new muffin recipe for breakfast that we could eat on the run. We’re always trying to come up with breakfast ideas that we can eat on our way out the door but sometimes it’s a challenge to find recipes that are not only good for you but still taste good. These pineapple upside down muffins were delicious, moist, and healthy! Reason 105 that eatingwell.com is my favorite website. We loved that you could pop these in the microwave for just a few seconds or eat them at room temperature and they were still just as yummy. I used a larger can of pineapple & blended half of it in my food processor. We really loved the added pineapple flavor this way. These would be a great option for your school aged kids to grab and go on the way to the bus stop or for eating on the way to work.
Can Muffins Be Baked Without Paper Liners?
Yes, you can bake muffins and cupcakes without the paper liners.
Just be sure to coat the muffin pan with non stick spray.
How Long Will Muffins Keep In The Freezer?
When stored properly, muffins will keep for 3 months in the freezer.
Muffins should be wrapped in plastic and foil, or stored in a heavy duty freezer bag.
How Do you Reheat Muffins?
Place unwrapped muffin on napkin, microwave-safe paper towel or plate.
Microwave on HIGH about 30 seconds for each muffin.
Or, wrap muffins in foil and bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
Pineapple Upside Down Muffins
Preorder our new book!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Pineapple Upside Down Muffins
For the Topping:
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar light
- 2 Tablespoons pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 10 oz pineapple slices
For the Muffins:
- 3/4 Cup All purpose flour
- 3/4 Cup Whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 eggs Large
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar Packed, light
- 1/4 Cup Canola Oil
- 2 Tablespoon pineapple juice or apple juice
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 8 oz Crushed pineapple not drained
- 1 Cup carrot grated
- 1/2 Cup oats Old fashion
- 1/3 Cup raisins
- 1/4 Cup nuts Chopped
- Preheat oven to 400
- Grease a 12 muffin cups (you can add parchment paper if you're worried about sticking-but I didn't have any problems).
To prepare topping
- Cut the pineapple slices into wedges.
- Evenly sprinkle the brown sugar and chopped nuts into each cup.
- Place 2-3 pineapple chunks in each cup.
- Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift all dry ingredients together.
- Whisk eggs and sugar in another bowl.
- Whisk in oil, juice, and vanilla.
- Stir in crushed pineapple.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients.
- Carefully fold in wet ingredients.
- Stir in carrots, oats, raisins and nuts.
- Scoop into cups.
- Bake 15-25 min. or until tops are golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Immediately remove from cups & let cool upside down.
- Serve upside down warm or at room temperature.